Light-O-Rama Forums

Needed usb rs485 adapter

ebrown1972

I recently purchased a used cbt16 g3 controller and I want to run it off of a serial port on my falcon in dmx mode. I no longer have any usb adapters and am in need of one so I can set the ID of the controller to whatever I want making it easier to determine dmx addressing. If you have one and are willing to part with it please let me know. I do not want to pay the shipping that LOR wants for such a small device. I can do paypal. Thanks,

Eric

7 minutes ago, ebrown1972 said:

I recently purchased a used cbt16 g3 controller and I want to run it off of a serial port on my falcon in dmx mode. I no longer have any usb adapters and am in need of one so I can set the ID of the controller to whatever I want making it easier to determine dmx addressing. If you have one and are willing to part with it please let me know. I do not want to pay the shipping that LOR wants for such a small device. I can do paypal. Thanks,

Eric

During checkout, you can state a change in shipping, on small items than can ship regular mail {USPS}, LOR will send it that way, but YOU MUST REQUEST IT.   You do this in the comment section{box} where you can ask or tell them how you need it shipped, special instructions, etc. Believe me, it won't be anywhere near that default shipping charge.   When I order small items I always request please ship USPS.  And unless it's something that's really large, all small items I've ever ordered from LOR has always came in USPS, the regular shipping charge will show up on your invoice at first, but BEFORE LOR Ships it, that shipping fee will change and be much less than UPS or FedEx shipping.   And it WILL be adjusted BEFORE they do the actual charge to your credit, debuit card or paypal account.

Just some info to let you know there are other options, you just have to know how to ask for them.

Edited by Orville

EBrown .  Hi I have a  black one that I don't use anymore  you can have it just pay whatever shipping would be.   Email me.   

Lafffamily@comcast.net.    Dennis

• The topic was locked