Light-O-Rama Forums

New Musical Sequence and the Tap Wizard isn't saving

AnniesSS

Morning,

I don't think I've posted a question before, but am in need of some help please. 

Been running LOR for a few years.  This morning, I was using the tap wizard on a new sequence, but when I hit apply, it doesn't save the taps and times to the new sequence.  I've tried it 5 times, closed the song, closed the entire program, hit apply, hit apply and exit and i can't get it to save.  I created another sequence prior to this one and it worked just fine with no issues.  Here's a screen shot - can anyone see what I might be missing?

Thank you so much!!

image.thumb.png.1a09a5138ef9fc4ea205770f8d2ee3e0.png

Do you always have an unnamed timing grid selected?   When I forgot to set timings in my version of the sotware, the tapper wizard WOULD NOT apply the taps to an unnamed timing grid, once I changed to my default of .05 timing grid, it worked fine.

Not sure if this could be the problem, but it's the first thing I noticed in your screen capture.

Edited by Orville
Change . to ?

Orville - yes, I've never changed that.  the only thing I did different was to start the song from .28 sec instead of the beginning. I just want a part of the song to do a montage sequence.

1 hour ago, AnniesSS said:

Orville - yes, I've never changed that.  the only thing I did different was to start the song from .28 sec instead of the beginning. I just want a part of the song to do a montage sequence.

Since that is what you've always used, have you tried closing down the software and restarting it.  I've had some issue where I have had to close {and lose what I've done} and restart the software, then things worked again.

That's the only 2 things I know that fixed some of the issues I've encountered from time to time.  The one above this posting and this one, although option 3 might be to upgrade to the latest version of the LOR software you're using.

Also don't know if you saw DevMike's post about the latest version of S5 {I don't use S5}, but the newest version is 5.3.12 and has fixed a lot of bugs and issues in previous versions of S5 from what I had read in his post.   So you may want to go and download the newest version of S5.

That can be downloaded here:

ShowTime Sequencing Suite Download - Light-O-Rama

Hope this might help.

Problem found... not really a problem, just a lack on knowledge on my part.  When I was giving it a start time within the song, I though it would start the music and the program at that point.  Instead, it inserts the taps into that section of the song only and leaves the entire song intact.  So I shorted the song in Audacity, imported it into my sequence and it works now.  

I have never tried to sync part of a song before, so this was a learning experience for me. :) Thank you for your help :)

Oh yeah, my husband pointed out that I had the wrong version of LOR in my profile - fixed that too :)

Edited by AnniesSS

4 hours ago, AnniesSS said:

Problem found... not really a problem, just a lack on knowledge on my part.  When I was giving it a start time within the song, I though it would start the music and the program at that point.  Instead, it inserts the taps into that section of the song only and leaves the entire song intact.  So I shorted the song in Audacity, imported it into my sequence and it works now.  

I have never tried to sync part of a song before, so this was a learning experience for me. :) Thank you for your help :)

Oh yeah, my husband pointed out that I had the wrong version of LOR in my profile - fixed that too :)

What you stated in the text I put in bold in your comment above is EXACTLY how it should work, except it won't start the program there when you close it, and then re-open it later, it will always default back to the very beginning of the song.  You have to set the start and end times for the song in the Tapper Wizard every time you reopen any of the Wizards to use them.

So, if you tell the tapper Wizard to start at the 28 second mark and go to the 1 minute mark, that should be where the song plays and then ends.  So if using the Tapper Wizard, and you had set it up that way in the Tapper Wizard settings, it should have allowed you start the song right where you want to start at, then end at the end time you put in the start/end boxes.   Then once you have the Taps set, click Apply and it should only add the taps from 00:28.00 to 01:00.00.   But if you EXIT the wizard, it will default back to the beginning of the song, you have to SCROLL forward in the cells to find the Taps you just "tapped in", then when you start the Tapper Wizard again, if working on that same section, you'd have to enter the times all over again.  None of the Wizards retain anything you have set once you Exit out of them.

You should not have to shorten or edit the song to accomplish this in the SE, that's why there are two boxes to put the song start and end time do just put taps in a specific part of a song you may be working on.

So if it was doing this, it was working as it should.  If it's not, something either isn't set right in the Tapper Wizard for the start and end song time to use or the SE isn't working properly,

I use this method all the time to do just short sections of a song I'm working on in the SE.  Especially when I'm working on a song  that over 1-2 minutes long.

• The topic was locked