Light-O-Rama Forums

Show time central

mikes79

I run the mini director with the sd cards wondering if it is capable of running a ccrII super star ribbon tree with rgb star....wanting to upgrade next year but not sure if it will work any help is appreciated thanks!

6 minutes ago, mikes79 said:

I run the mini director with the sd cards wondering if it is capable of running a ccrII super star ribbon tree with rgb star....wanting to upgrade next year but not sure if it will work any help is appreciated thanks!

Yes but you will have to upgrade to a Pro license. If you are going to start using pixels you will max out the capability of the mini director very quickly.

Any idea of how many before it maxes out or if there is any other way of running them with out having to have a computer running the show....really like the simplicity of the director

2 minutes ago, mikes79 said:

Any idea of how many before it maxes out or if there is any other way of running them with out having to have a computer running the show....really like the simplicity of the director

2400 pixels is recommended per network. The only way around without using a computer is to use a larger director which can carry more networks such as the G3-MP3 or G4-MP3.

Awesome thank you looks like I need to upgrade to the g4 currently running 64 channels of led lights but looking to get into the pixels next year for the first time

12 hours ago, mikes79 said:

Awesome thank you looks like I need to upgrade to the g4 currently running 64 channels of led lights but looking to get into the pixels next year for the first time

You WILL definitely need to upgrade your license, Basic Plus only allows a maximum of 4 Controllers, and since you're at 64 channels, that's 4 CTB16PC style controllers or a mix and match of no more than 4 Controllers, and this, is again, your maximum limit with your current license.

As others have stated, getting into Pixels, best to go with the PRO license, as some of the Pixel Controllers REQUIRE a PRO License, anything less and you'll be on here asking a million questions as to why Pixel Controllers aren't working or being found in the HU.  I'm not sure if the License level affects the HU, since that is a backdoor to the Controllers for testing purposes only, just to make sure they can function, as it is.  So the new controllers {pixel} may work in the HU, but when you start adding them and their high channel counts to the Sequencer, and you have a Basic License, only the first 4 Controllers will operate until you get a higher license level to handle those controllers.   Again, Pixels are a bit more complex in their sequencing and some Pixel Controllers, again, WILL REQUIRE a PRO License to operate.

So best to go ahead and UPGRADE your license to PRO, that is the least expensive way to do it.  Use the Upgrade option and NOT the one that shows you're buying a new license, choose the wrong one, and you'll pay a higher price.   So make sure you choose the UPGRADE LICENSE option when updating your license level.

• The topic was locked