Light-O-Rama Forums

Easy light linker

Ske65088

My question is, Can I use an easy light linker on one controller to connect with my pc and have the other 10 controllers linked via cat6 or would I have to use easy light linkers on all 11 16 channel controllers?

Yes ,if the first controller is connected to the computer then connect the ELL to the controller,  but if you intend to connect the ELL directly to the computer it needs a power supply here is a diagram and LOR part number they recommend. They work very good line of sight.

http://www1.lightorama.com/wireless-data/

20 minutes ago, Ske65088 said:

My question is, Can I use an easy light linker on one controller to connect with my pc and have the other 10 controllers linked via cat6 or would I have to use easy light linkers on all 11 16 channel controllers?

Edited by Kapkirk
additional info

I'm kinda going to jump on this thread until I do some more searching. I want to add a Pixie16 Board in 2020.

Currently my Setup is a -- Gen3 Mini MP3Director Hung off a 13 year old Pro Series 1600W unit and an ELL off of that same 1600.

Then a "receiving" ELL on my lawn that connects 4-CTBPC16 A/C controllers, 1 CMB16 DC Controller.

Can I add a Pixie16 Controller at the end of the Lawn units or does the whole system need to be Hardwired if I want to drive Pixels via the Pixie16 Board. There won't be a whole lot of Pixels on the Pixie16 (100 total) (( for now )) but, I'm going to be that annoying old guy that asks all the Pixel questions now. :D

Just now, Mr. P said:

Pixie controllers need a high speed network and ELLs cannot do high speed.

Alright, that answers my First question, Hardwire from the First Controller down, it is then!!! 
Thank you

1 minute ago, NWSanta said:

Alright, that answers my First question, Hardwire from the First Controller down, it is then!!! 
Thank you

You also state you are using a 13 year old 1600w controller, if it cannot do a high speed enhanced network then you will need to put the pixie on a separate network.

Interesting. Guess I'll be doing some checking in the new year of all my equipment. Anyway to tell just from looking at the controller? Or does one have to hook it up and see what speeds it will put up with?

And thank you in advance.

FWIW A pixie 16 Maxed out (pixels) can  push a HS network hard with a complex show. I would just plan on a RED adapter for that alone

None of the other stuff (pretty old) you list can handle Enhanced mode, so that is also a second reason for a separate network. (no real biggie 😛 , just another USB port and long a length of CAT5 )

As to speeds

Look at the chart  http://www1.lightorama.com/network-speeds/

Hmmmm, Guess I'm going to have to pull the trigger on a small show computer. I've got a few old Laptops kicking around that might get the job done! 

And It looks like I'll need a new USB Red connector too. 

Hmmm Shopping list is getting longer. Summer testing will be happening!!!

Thank you all for your patience and input!

Edited by NWSanta

3 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Since you will already be paying shipping you might as well get a second red adapter because YOU WILL need it eventually.

And if you have only one spare part for your show, a spare USB adapter is the one to have.

• The topic was locked