Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixcon16 logic fuse

NTJP

Think I may have fried my Pixcon 16 board.  Had a RJ45 jack housing come off when unplugging cat5 cable.  Guess it shorted out.  So now my board does not work.  Have power to both banks.  Checking manual and it says there is a.5a logic fuse.  Where is this fuse.  I cannot find it.  Then next question would be....  Where do I get a new fuse if this is what's wrong.  Also new board is out of stock.

Update...  Checked ports and they are showing 12.05 volts.  So there is power going to the ports.  However the power and status lights are not lighting up

46 minutes ago, sysco said:

https://manualzz.com/doc/6540193/pixcon16-e1.31---light-o-rama  look on page  8  but this seems to be for an older version ????   check with   MR P   OR   JRDIBBLER   ON the forums here 

Out of curiousity, why go to a non-LOR site for a manual instead of the LOR documentation page at:

http://www1.lightorama.com/documentation/

That way you would have the current (hopefully) manual.  I have that page bookmarked.  BTW, the LOR manual and the one you linked show the same fuse location.

34 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Out of curiousity, why go to a non-LOR site for a manual instead of the LOR documentation page at:

http://www1.lightorama.com/documentation/

That way you would have the current (hopefully) manual.  I have that page bookmarked.  BTW, the LOR manual and the one you linked show the same fuse location.

i googled  it  and that's what came up  i'm looking at my board and i do not see a.5 amp fuse  on  my board  i see  a 3 amp fuse marked  fan  fuse   the board i have is pixcon16 mk11 v1.0  can you  show me where the  .5 AMP fuse is and i do have the manual but  in that spot is the 3 amp fan fuse thank you 

I don't have a Pixcon controller, so I can only go by the manual.  Looking at the picture, it would appear to be the fuse between the aux power out connector and the bank 2 power inlet connections.  It appears that it is labeled as Fuse1.

I used the Manual also :)

It is next to the Fan connector. If it is 3A, someone might have already over fused it (3A, being something your Car might use for a clock/alarm)

4 hours ago, NTJP said:

Sent a ticket to help desk and they cannot answer this question.  Said they would ping engineering.  

what i have is bank 9-16 power connection  then Fan Out  after that is Fan Fuse  3 amp 

3 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

I used the Manual also :)

It is next to the Fan connector. If it is 3A, someone might have already over fused it (3A, being something your Car might use for a clock/alarm)

Yes it is, just wondering if they did away with it same color dark blue or mauve  but 3 amps i think it was suppose to be for an external fan

Edited by sysco

6 minutes ago, sysco said:

what i have is bank 9-16 power connection  then Fan Out  after that is Fan Fuse  3 amp 

Have you checked that fuse?

On 12/10/2019 at 10:49 PM, NTJP said:

Think I may have fried my Pixcon 16 board.  Had a RJ45 jack housing come off when unplugging cat5 cable.  Guess it shorted out.  So now my board does not work.  Have power to both banks.  Checking manual and it says there is a.5a logic fuse.  Where is this fuse.  I cannot find it.  Then next question would be....  Where do I get a new fuse if this is what's wrong.  Also new board is out of stock.

4 hours ago, NTJP said:

Sent a ticket to help desk and they cannot answer this question.  Said they would ping engineering.  

I don't see  A  ----  .5 amp fuse  on my board   if they couldn't  answer him  i don't know  i was just  trying  to show him where it might be  if he had an older board

1 hour ago, sysco said:

i googled  it  and that's what came up  i'm looking at my board and i do not see a.5 amp fuse  on  my board  i see  a 3 amp fuse marked  fan  fuse   the board i have is pixcon16 mk11 v1.0  can you  show me where the  .5 AMP fuse is and i do have the manual but  in that spot is the 3 amp fan fuse thank you 

The manual I looked in is V1.5 and the board shown is V1.1  ((layout).   To be honest, .5 sounds a little thin for a fan (it would have to be a 2" or smaller) and the boards logic (which could also power for a ELL WHICH APPEARS ON THE RJ45💡 that had issues)

Power is supplied by Bank 1 to the fuse (the one between Bank 1 power IN-Fan and bank 2 power in.

on page 8 under Status Led's  Heading it is saying  Power light Off  Status light Off then it saying  STATUS under Status it is saying read belos

looking in manual v1.7                                                                                                                                              Board  is not powered or the logic fuse is blown    

this logic fuse according to the manual is 0.5 amps  but where is it located   i have a piixcon 16MII  V1.0   I don't see  at alll    does it exists ?????     

Edited by sysco

I did get a reply from LOR and they said the logic fuse is the fan fuse.  Which is 3 amps.  Mine is good, I have also checked and there is power to all ports and to the RJ45 jack has power.  It appears I have lost all data.  I am still confused why the power light does not come on.  LOR stated when the RJ45 jack broke it could have crossed wires and sent power into the board damaging the board.  I do not think it is worth sending back and fixing.  I am also running a Falcon 48 so I replaced the board with 4 4-String Differential SmartReceiver Boards and it works.  

• The topic was locked