Light-O-Rama Forums

PixCon16, CTB16, Gen4 Director and Hub

Ag99JYD

I am having a little trouble getting my PixCon and CTB16 to play from a Gen4 Director at the same time.  I can get the PixCon to run the sequence from the card; and the other controller as well.  But not at the same time.  

What I have: PixCon16, CTB16PC, Gen4 Director, 2 ELL's (to communicate with neighbors controllers; these are not in use now, but will be); 2 CCR's; Surface laptop, and various accessories / adapters.  The Director is connected to the CTB16, either on Port 1A or 1B (as I call them), and the PixCon on Port 2...or various combinations, see below.  Theoretically, the CCR's and ELL would be Daisy Chained with the CTB.  

I have my PixCon set up through Network Preferences and can communicate with it, all lights tested and fine.  Same with the other controller and the CCR's.  Unit ID's are tracked, correct, and sufficiently spaced (PixCon starts at #60, for example).  When I am creating the show in Hub, using the Gen4 for dual networks, on the screen that allows me to change the speed / protocol for the 4 ports of the Director I have tried different variations - Port 1 @57k / Port 2 @ 100k; vice versa, etc. out to 8 different permutations.  Each time I can either get the CTB controller to play, or the PixCon, but never both.  

Question: If I am intending on playing through a Director, does it matter which COM Port I set up in either the Hardware Utility or Network preference/config?  As I mentioned I have a Surface (1 USB port) but am using a USB Hub.  The device manager typically indicates COM3 and COM4 are running - Drivers both updated, computer restarted.  

Additionally, in the Hub screen for setting up the ports, I am not able to change the "Net/Univ" value and it always says "Reg".  Does it matter if the CTB Controller is listed as "LOR/ELOR" in the protocol?  I would think not since I can get it to work.  In Sequencer I originally had all controllers - PixCon, CTB, CCR's, etc - listed as "Regular" on the Network for the Prop Definition, with no luck.  I also tried just changing the PixCon to "AuxA", but that didn't seem to change things.  

I feel like there is one setting that I am not getting right for a dual network system since I can get each to work separately.  Is it the COM Port in Control Panel?  The Network in the Prop Definition?  The Net/Univ value and/or the Port in Hub for the Director?  Am I having these issues because my Surface only has one USB, though I am using a USB Hub?  Does changing the Network Preferences in Sequencer serve the same function as changing in the Network Configuration software used when setting up the PixCon? 

I've read through the documentation but seem to get lost when hopping to different documents, mixing E1.31 v ELOR, and documents for previous versions that haven't been updated to what I'm seeing (I'm not trying to be critical; if I'm trying to learn what I'm doing and the picture doesn't exactly represent what I see, it's hard without the historic knowledge).  

Many thanks in advance.  

• The topic was locked