Light-O-Rama Forums

brand new pixels partially lock up after running 2 hours?

hooverrl@embarqmail.com

brand new Pixie II with two three-wire strings of 50 bullet pixels. Both strings sequence for about 2 hours then CH-1 locks up. Some pixels are frozen "ON" while most others are "OFF". Only the first three pixels on string one respond to the S4 sequence. I swapped the strings and the second string sequences all 50 pixels on both Pixie II channels, when the first string only sequenced the first three pixels on boths Pixie II channels. I have the bullets plugged into two of the Boscoyo Candy Canes 48. When I unplugged pixels 3 and four from the Boscoyo Candy Cane #1, then plugged them back in, all pixels again worked. Today, I took the Candy Canes outdoors to set up my display, but the same thing happened after running for about 2 hours, some pixels again locked "ON", most were "OFF, and only pixels 1,2,&3 were again the only ones responding to the running sequence. How do we correct this situation with new pixels locking up? Will I expect this to happen with all 12-volt Pixels strings bought from LOR? 

2 hours ago, hooverrl@embarqmail.com said:

brand new Pixie II with two three-wire strings of 50 bullet pixels. Both strings sequence for about 2 hours then CH-1 locks up. Some pixels are frozen "ON" while most others are "OFF". Only the first three pixels on string one respond to the S4 sequence. I swapped the strings and the second string sequences all 50 pixels on both Pixie II channels, when the first string only sequenced the first three pixels on boths Pixie II channels. I have the bullets plugged into two of the Boscoyo Candy Canes 48. When I unplugged pixels 3 and four from the Boscoyo Candy Cane #1, then plugged them back in, all pixels again worked. Today, I took the Candy Canes outdoors to set up my display, but the same thing happened after running for about 2 hours, some pixels again locked "ON", most were "OFF, and only pixels 1,2,&3 were again the only ones responding to the running sequence. How do we correct this situation with new pixels locking up? Will I expect this to happen with all 12-volt Pixels strings bought from LOR? 

Is it always on the same sequence?

Are you using a computer to control and another to sequence?

JR

Edited by dibblejr

• The topic was locked