Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel flicks on when off

mredison

Seems like one channel flicks on like it’s getting interference from another channel. It still comes on when it’s scheduled to but also flickers on when off. I have a very long (30ft) cat 5 cord connected to the controller. Could that be the issue? Maybe interference from another channel?

4 minutes ago, mredison said:

Seems like one channel flicks on like it’s getting interference from another channel. It still comes on when it’s scheduled to but also flickers on when off. I have a very long (30ft) cat 5 cord connected to the controller. Could that be the issue? Maybe interference from another channel?

Have you checked the sequence to be sure there isn't an inadvertent on signal, sometimes I mark a line into another channel and it signals the controller to come on when it shouldn't.

20 minutes ago, mredison said:

I have a very long (30ft) cat 5 cord connected to the controller. Could that be the issue? Maybe interference from another channel?

Not likely.  The RS-485 spec allows for 4,000 feet of cable, so 30 feet is not long.  Do you have the LOR network cable VERY close to a power cable?  That can cause an issue.

I had something similar happening to me last year. Im going make the assumption that you have multiple controllers and arent using pixels. The way to identify what one of your controllers is the offender is to go to Hardware utility and then go to the Light console. Start turning your controllers on one at a time and taking them to half power then if no reaction occurs turn it off and move on to the next one. When the bad controller is selected and taken to half power you will notice lights flickering on turned off controllers. Take a short video and submit a ticket with the help desk because you're going to end up having to send it into Lor. 

• The topic was locked