Light-O-Rama Forums

USB-RS485-HS connecting to two controllers

Sijaan

13 minutes ago, Sijaan said:

With all that have been said, can I  run a show from my PC that includes the two 1602g3mp3 controllers?

I've been telling you this for weeks. Ever since your first thread.

9 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

If you are using a computer then no, you can use one if it is last in the network and no card in it

You can use both if you use one as a director with a card and it is first and the second is last with no card and you can use any other controllers in between.

Pretty sure I said something like this as well.

Please. Stop trying to over-complicate this.

4 hours ago, Don said:

I've been telling you this for weeks. Ever since your first thread.

Pretty sure I said something like this as well.

Please. Stop trying to over-complicate this.

I didnt get a clear answer then, not trying to be rude, but i'm a newbie and you have to talk to me with the simple language. But I appreciate your help mate.
Its all clear to me now.
Merry Christmas!

Edited by Sijaan

3 hours ago, Sijaan said:

I didnt get a clear answer then, not trying to be rude, but i'm a newbie and you have to talk to me with the simple language. But I appreciate your help mate.
Its all clear to me now.
Merry Christmas!

Help me help you, and other newbies.

How should I have worded this?

3 hours ago, Don said:

Help me help you, and other newbies.

How should I have worded this?

At that post I didnt ask about connecting them to my PC, both at a time.

Actually I did what you told me and I made my show (infront of thousands). Now I just asked about why they are not connecting together to my PC.

Thank you DevMike for the clarification on why 2 Controllers with built in MP3 Directors can not be on the same network.   That now makes more sense as to why this can't ever be done.

1 hour ago, Orville said:

Thank you DevMike for the clarification on why 2 Controllers with built in MP3 Directors can not be on the same network.   That now makes more sense as to why this can't ever be done.

Untrue statement, read his post.

DevMike said:

There can only ever be ONE source of data on any wire.  That means a single MP3 director or single USB device that is actively sending data.

You can have multiple MP3 directors on the same network as long as only one of them has an SD card inserted at any one time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

Untrue statement, read his post.

DevMike said:

There can only ever be ONE source of data on any wire.  That means a single MP3 director or single USB device that is actively sending data.

You can have multiple MP3 directors on the same network as long as only one of them has an SD card inserted at any one time.

Both statements are TRUE.

You can have 2 1602MP3s on the same wire.  You can use it in this configuration.  To do that 1 and ONLY 1 must have an SD card.  No PC, No external (3rd) MP3 director.

You can NOT have 2 1602MP3s on the same wire and use a 'external source' of data - IE a USB adapter.  There are simply NO OPEN RJ45s on that network to go from the external source to that network.

In order to use 2 1602MP3s on a single wire with no other network equipment, one must go at the start, the other at the end.  All the holes (rj45s) are then filled.  The data must then come from one of the directors.  The other director must remain out of the picture (no SD card).

The limitation is PHYSICAL.