Light-O-Rama Forums

Trouble with purchased sequence

XmasSteve

HI everyone, hope your shows are running well   :)

I purchased a YCM sequence from the store to add a new song to my Pixie16 mega tree

Back ground info: Mega tree has 16 strings of ribbons that have each have 50 lights(800 lights total) - Runs off 1 Pixie16 with  Unit ID's  01 to 0F

The sequence I purchase contained only a .lms file and a read me file that was not very helpful  :(

I was just going to copy Unit ID 4 which is mega tree in the purchased .lms sequence but it looks way different than my channel configuration

331915587_purchasedsequence.JPG.3a17b82ea929e76cd5e4ca60a3db50ab.JPG

And when I create a new sequence to copy the purchased sequence into.... I have to enable the channel level by right clicking on the Prop and when I expand out the channel level it gets super weird....

2027462901_MegaTreeStringSummary.JPG.75ed8f43094b0f9c3b13be6e3437f879.JPG

For some reason the new sequence I am creating is showing EVERY bulb on Every channel.... so there are 800 lines... so copying 16 lines from purchased sequence needless to say does not translate very well....

Is there a step that I am missing somewhere?

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can provide on this.... its not a show stopper if this cant be figured out... just a song I keep getting requests for that I dont want to sequence myself due to everybodys high level of expectations.... damm you Wizards of Winter TSO song!!!! (shakes fist at mega tree)

Have you use a purchased sequence before?

(I only assk because I wanted to use one)

I asked support a couple times before I even bought my Pixie16 and they told me the LOR sequences on the store were only for the SHOW versions, not the Pixie.

I may be wrong, and if I am great, I would love to buy sequence or 2 to save me some time!   (Once i get even my first one to work)

On 12/8/2019 at 10:29 AM, Notso said:

Have you use a purchased sequence before?

(I only assk because I wanted to use one)

I asked support a couple times before I even bought my Pixie16 and they told me the LOR sequences on the store were only for the SHOW versions, not the Pixie.

I may be wrong, and if I am great, I would love to buy sequence or 2 to save me some time!   (Once i get even my first one to work)

Well, after some research..... here is what I have figured out.... The $50+ bucks I spend on a You Can Modify(YCM) is gone and I learned a lesson in the process

Do not buy sequences from the sequence LOR store for your Pixel mega tree.....

The sequences sold there are for old style controllers that run regular incandescent or LED lights.... NOT PIXEL TREES...

If you do a google search for Pixel Tree Sequences you will find a few websites that sell them... I weeded out the websites that are selling xlight sequences as I am not sure of the conversion process and dont really want to lose money on another sequence I cant use....

I was able to find 2 that have really good sequences and installing them was super easy..... less than a minute if they give you the Superstar(.sup) file.

Managed to download 4 TSO songs that had the .sup files and now my show is up to 20 songs... the other 16 were sequenced by me using motion effects which make things sooooo much easier.

36 minutes ago, XmasSteve said:

Well, after some research..... here is what I have figured out.... The $50+ bucks I spend on a You Can Modify(YCM) is gone and I learned a lesson in the process

Do not buy sequences from the sequence LOR store for your Pixel mega tree.....

The sequences sold there are for old style controllers that run regular incandescent or LED lights.... NOT PIXEL TREES...

If you do a google search for Pixel Tree Sequences you will find a few websites that sell them... I weeded out the websites that are selling xlight sequences as I am not sure of the conversion process and dont really want to lose money on another sequence I cant use....

I was able to find 2 that have really good sequences and installing them was super easy..... less than a minute if they give you the Superstar(.sup) file.

Managed to download 4 TSO songs that had the .sup files and now my show is up to 20 songs... the other 16 were sequenced by me using motion effects which make things sooooo much easier.

Or you just get James and I free ones. James has about 800.

Brian with Superstar Lights has great sequences as well as Holiday Sequences if you want to purchase. They are the ones I turn to when I need one not on James and I radar.

I don't think the LOR sequence sales say "pixel tree/ ccr tree". They indeed say Mega Tree which is what you know already. 

A Megatree is simple to build and a lot of fun to sequence. Don't throw the sequence out, keep it for future use.

I have a Mega Tree, CCR tree and 360 deg pixel tree. Mix old and new and everyone loves them.

JR