Light-O-Rama Forums

Nothing ia working correctly

phxbabe

My channels are not playing the sequences in the correct order.  I have unplugged them and retraced them twice, I know they are plugged into the right channel. When I run the hardware test, it runs through each channel correctly (the right light lights up when its supposed to) but when I run the sequence, its not even close to being the right order. I have even just set up a loop to have my arches jump, just to see if something is wrong with the sequence, but when I run the sequence in animation mode (no music) nothing comes on ( I added only the jumping arches to the sequence).  when I copied and pasted the sequence into other channels, it worked but I don't know how it worked, because it was not how I had the channels set.    However, it does play the face channels correctly, but that's al that plays in the correct order.  anyone have any ideas?  I have not been able to run a single show yet.

It would be helpful to know your exact setup (type and number of controllers, etc.).  Are you running your show from a computer or from a mini-director?  When you talk about the hardware test, are you using the Hardware Utility to do this?

Assuming you're using the Hardware Utility for your tests, it sounds like when you turn on channel 1 in the HU, the lights plugged into channel 1 come on, correct?

If that's true, then I would double check your channel configurations in the Sequence Editor.  Bring up your sequence in SE and click on  a channel.  A Channel Settings box will open that shows the type of controller, network, unit (i.e. controller address) and Circuit (i.e. Channel number).  You'll want to verify that all of the settings are correct.  

I would also use the LOR Verifier tool to verify that there aren't any errors in your sequences (i.e. channels defined more than once, etc.).

THANKS, more investigation, I have 2 controllers, and for some reason it is being read as 1 single unit. The lights are coming on from box 2 and triggering the same channel on both boxes.  Example, box 2 channel 6 is a ground light, and on box 1 channel 6 its part of my arch.  So what ever I have on box 2 channel 6 is over powering box 1 channel6 and turning on as  sequenced for box 2.  hardware utility says found 1 unit.  but when I test the lights in utility, they cycle through correctly. what am  I doing wrong? 

Ok, it sounds like both controllers are set to the same ID.  I would make sure that each controller has a unique unit id that matches the configuration in your sequences.  Depending on the type of controller you have, the unit id is either set on the controller itself or can be set via the HU.

I cannot  set the second controller as #2.  It will not detect it as  a unit, only sees it when connected to box 1, but runs each channel from both boxes as the same channel 

Connect each controller separately to the HU and run a refresh to see what ID it's set at.  Assuming you have controllers where the id can be set by the HU, you should be able to then change the ID of your second controller.  Run a refresh again to insure the id change was successful.  If so, then you should be able to connect your controllers back together and run your show.  If it wasn't successful, then I would run a factory reset on the controller and try to change it's id again.

Again, it would help if you posted the exact type/model of controllers you have.

9 minutes ago, phxbabe said:

I didn't realize that LOR sold different kinds of 16 channel light controllers.

s-l300.jpg

Yes they do, that looks like the residential controller so if you hook it alone to the hardware utility you will be able to change the controller number, just make sure it is the only controller hooked up, and then you can change it's number. After changing it's number you should be good to go.

37 minutes ago, phxbabe said:

I didn't realize that LOR sold different kinds of 16 channel light controllers.

s-l300.jpg

That might be a V2 CTB16

That can't be on a network above 115K or Enhanced mode.  (Neither should be needed on a simple, AC or Dumb RGB network)