Light-O-Rama Forums

new ccb bulbs

Capt32fla

I have purchased the newer cosmic color bulbs, green controllers 100 per string. I was wondering how these can properly be separated via the utility. and if need be how to set them so both strings act as one string

3 hours ago, Capt32fla said:

I have purchased the newer cosmic color bulbs, green controllers 100 per string. I was wondering how these can properly be separated via the utility. and if need be how to set them so both strings act as one string

You have to select either Port 1 or Port 2 in the HU to see them work independently from each other, select All Ports to have them work at the same time in the HU.  Also in the HU under the Cosmic Color/Pixie config area, make sure you set the controller strands to be set {depending on how and where your lights are set up}, but the controller will need to set for S1 to start at bulb 50{or in your case bulb 100} and S2 to start at bulb 1 and end at the last bulb.} I'm thinking your controller only has 2 ports on it, if it's like my older units.  And I think your unit uses 2 ID's instead of 1, so the below may be just a little different in set up, but that's only an ID change on the S2 port as far as I can understand from the newer 12V output 100 RGB controllers.

Now if you want the strand to act as ONE STRAND, when in the SE, you will have two areas S1 and S2 will be in the RGB section under the RGB controller{s}, to make S1 and S2 act as ONE single strand, just sequence the S1 strand in how you want it to operate, then just Copy and Paste the same S1 sequence in the second half {S2} RGB sequence.  Now both sections will act as one, but if you do chases, or anything like that, to keep the 1st strand from mimicking the second 9s a bit more trying as you will need to sequence all 50{100} RGB bulbs on S1 from 1 to 50{100}, but only do this HALF way through the total song, say a 3 minute song, do the first 1 min 30 secs of the song from RGB bulb 1 to 50{100}  If doing multiple chases, this becomes a bit of a challenge for multiple chases throughout the song, but it can be done, has to be done the same way and it takes a lot of time and patience Then again COPY and PASTE that same bulb 1 to 50{100} from the 1 min 30 sec mark to the 3:00 mark.  Now the strand if a single chase, will light S1 to 1:30, and S2 will continue on from 1:30 to 3:00 {end of song}.

Hope this explains it in an easy to understand format.  But it may take someone to share a sequence with you that has a sequence set up like you're wanting.  As seeing it is sometimes a whole lot easier than trying to make an easy explanation of it.

Believe me, it's easier to just allow BOTH S1 and S2 to mimic each other and do the same thing at the same time.  That's how I do all 5 of my RGB strands {I have older 5V original units, so only 50 bulbs per strand is my maximum limit.  Since you have 100, use the {100} in place of where I have 50.

Best of Luck!

• Like 1

Just noticed you have an Advanced license, to get the most out of RGB lighting, a PRO license is usually required, especially if you start getting into the more sophisticated DIY RGB Controllers, then nothing less than a PRO license will be required for many of them.  Just some food for thought.