Light-O-Rama Forums

Scheduler keeps disabling itself - "Show Player Shutting Down for Restart"

Tim Fischer

Hi all: I'm still running LOR S4. Upgraded my show computer from XP to Win10 over the summer. Twice now this season (out of 5 nights running), my schedule has disabled itself. Fortunately I was around the first time and noticed it not start up the next night, and tonight I was on the show computer tweaking the schedule and noticed it again. I've attached a screen shot of the message I get. Basically as the show shut down last night I get "Show Player Shutting Down for Restart", then "Show Player Shutting Down". After that I get the status "Scheduled Play is Off"

Can someone tell me what this message means and how to prevent it? Thanks! 

IMG_6908.jpg

No ideas anyone?

I turned off "Show Player Memory Restarts" thinking that might be related. But then now I lose the protection of memory restarts <shrug>

I have not. I don't like messing with things too much while the show is up. I'd do it someone could convince me that this is likely to fix the problem and not just a "did you try turning it off and on again" thing lol.

So, did you try turning it off and on again?

Seriously, an uninstall and reinstall takes less than 5 minutes and  on a risk scale of 1 to 10, is about a 1.

You have a backup anyway, right? Just in case.

• The topic was locked