Light-O-Rama Forums

Bug: "Use Audio Waveform" does not work

pyrotech

So, I am having an issue with a motion effect.  Here's what I have...

- Using the "Meteor" effect

- For the Speed parameter, I changed it to "use audio waveform".

- When I play the sequence through the editor, it works great.

-  However, when I play it through my show, it doesn't work at all.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tim

I saw a similar post - I saw the same thing - I didn't use it much so just changed it to a transition one -- I know that isn't much help but I agree it doesn't work in the show

I am also seeing this same issue. Very disappointing, I spent hours designing motion effects that use audio waveform for both my pixel trees only to find out that they do not work in the show. I have seen others post about this issue and Lightorama has yet to acknowledge the issue, or at least I haven't seen them comment anywhere. 

We have identified the problem and a fix will be included in the forthcoming 5.3.12 version. 

Once 5.3.12 is released and you have it installed, you will need to get the Show Player to re-convert the affected LOREDIT sequences to playback files. You can do this by simply opening the sequence in the Sequencer and clicking the Save button.

9 hours ago, MattBrown said:

We have identified the problem and a fix will be included in the forthcoming 5.3.12 version. 

Once 5.3.12 is released and you have it installed, you will need to get the Show Player to re-convert the affected LOREDIT sequences to playback files. You can do this by simply opening the sequence in the Sequencer and clicking the Save button.

Awesome, thanks for the update Matt. Any idea when we will see the release? 

Matt,

Thanks for the info on the new release. I too am curious if that will included a fix for the delay in loading and playing times in the show player.

Looking forward to hearing from you!! 

6 minutes ago, TexasLights said:

Matt, I am also curious, since I was using a G3 director when I saw it, will this also be fixed?    

Yes. SD cards had the same issue and will also benefit from the fix.

Matt

Thank you all for the responses.  

I will anxiously await the new version.  Until then, one of my sequences is completely useless and therefore has been removed from my show.  

Thanks,

Tim

Version 5.3.12 is now available for download -- and includes the bug fix for motion effects that respond to music. Once you have it installed, you will need to get the Show Player to re-convert the affected LOREDIT sequences to playback files. You can do this by simply opening the sequence in the Sequencer and clicking the Save button.

Matt. Just testing 5.3.12 briefly before showtime.

When I save a .loredit file I do not see any playback file creation in either my sequences or lorinternal. I do see the fresh time stamp on the loredit file.

Phil.