Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MikeToo

Added Pixie16 to existing environment but can't get them to light up.

Have an existing working network of pre-G3 controllers. The address dip sw on the Pixie is set to "0". The older controllers are on a "Regular" network with recommended speed of 57K, non-enhanced.  I have set the Pixie16 on the Aux A network at 500K and flagged as "enhanced". The Regular network is connected to the BLACK USB485 on COM 10. The Aux A network is connected to a RED RS485 on COM 12. Created a prop setting the Pixie as it's controller but no light when run from sequence.  Prop appears in the Playback screen but no lights on the tree... How do I know what the UNIT ID is??  Do I need to physically set the address in the dip sw on the board?

27 minutes ago, MikeToo said:

Have an existing working network of pre-G3 controllers. The address dip sw on the Pixie is set to "0". The older controllers are on a "Regular" network with recommended speed of 57K, non-enhanced.  I have set the Pixie16 on the Aux A network at 500K and flagged as "enhanced". The Regular network is connected to the BLACK USB485 on COM 10. The Aux A network is connected to a RED RS485 on COM 12. Created a prop setting the Pixie as it's controller but no light when run from sequence.  Prop appears in the Playback screen but no lights on the tree... How do I know what the UNIT ID is??  Do I need to physically set the address in the dip sw on the board?

You need to turn all the dip switches off then set the ID in the HU. You will set the base ID and the software will set the next 15 automatically in hex order.