Light-O-Rama Forums

Convert YCM Sequences from S4 to S5

Mitbackwards

Hello,

I searched and wasn't able to easily locate the info. 

The YCM sequences I have don't seem to work properly when I open in S5 (mainly the Pixie16). What am I missing?

I have two CTB16, one Pixie16, and one CMB24D Floods. 

Thx for your help in advance. 

~ Tim 

4 minutes ago, Mitbackwards said:

Hello,

I searched and wasn't able to easily locate the info. 

The YCM sequences I have don't seem to work properly when I open in S5 (mainly the Pixie16). What am I missing?

I have two CTB16, one Pixie16, and one CMB24D Floods. 

Thx for your help in advance. 

~ Tim 

Whats a YCM sequence?

If you haven't finished configuring the pixie16 its not gonna work. It uses 16 Unit ID's (consecutive) you will need to let the HU configure it and not attempt to manually add the unit ID's

You have my # but I cant help with S5

JR

If you have a Standard level LOR software license (as your profile indicates), you will not be able to play anything beyond Unit ID 08.  Since the Pixie 16 uses 16 IDs itself, you would need to upgrade your license level in order to drive a Pixie 16.

• Like 1

Totally missed that, figured when we spoke on the phone for the few minutes you had the correct license.

You will ne PRO level for the pixie16 no way around it.

JR

Sorry haven't updated my profile yet. I upgraded to Pro late yesterday after reading JR's posts and how to set up the Pixie16. 

I have my display working (including the Pixie16 thx to JR's video) when I make a sequence from scratch.

When I try opening the "You Can Modify" sequence I bought online from LOR the Pixie16 won't light up in the preview. 

JR you mentioned needing to convert the file so it reads correctly in S5? I could have heard wrong so let me know if I'm off. Thx! 

The conversion will happen automatically when you open the sequences in S5. For now, if you haven't already created a Preview that looks like your light setup,  you can select the Default preview (which won't look ANYTHING like your lights...just blocks of lights).  What the lights look like in the Preview doesn't really matter. Setting up a preview that matches your setup just makes it easier to visualize everything and to track down any lights that aren't working the way you want them to. Once you open it, the first thing to check is that UnitID in the sequence matches the UnitID of the physical controller.

2 hours ago, tlogan said:

The conversion will happen automatically when you open the sequences in S5. For now, if you haven't already created a Preview that looks like your light setup,  you can select the Default preview (which won't look ANYTHING like your lights...just blocks of lights).  What the lights look like in the Preview doesn't really matter. Setting up a preview that matches your setup just makes it easier to visualize everything and to track down any lights that aren't working the way you want them to. Once you open it, the first thing to check is that UnitID in the sequence matches the UnitID of the physical controller.

This is very useful information for me and perhaps quite a few others. though I have no thought of converting I will be playing around with S5 on my old desktop and who knows maybe one day may decide I like it.

Thanks for this info

JR

Glad to help, @dibblejr !  I know you haven't any plans to upgrade and I think if I had the number lights and controllers you have, I may have put it off until next year. I'm only at 3 AC controllers and 2 Pixie IIs with only 10 sequences, so it's not as big of a deal for me. I DO plan to spend the time over the next year to REALLY set it up the way it is intended to be used and to make it MUCH easier to add sequences. I do find that like most software, the more you use it, the easier it gets. Again I think that at some point in the future, there won't be additional upgrades to S4, so you may not have a choice.

I'm sure I'll be picking your brain!