Light-O-Rama Forums

Some Channels Flicker when commanded ON during sequence playback

Dwain Andras

I have a all new TSO signature series package purchased this year. Four 16 channel controllers, one 4 channel controller,  a pixie 8 and pixel tree with the mini director.  All purchased a few months ago so all new latest equipment.  I have this random issue on 3 of the 16 channel controllers.  Some channels are pure LED strings and some channels are incandescent strings.  Sometimes during the sequences the affected channels will flicker when given a on command. For example: in a sequence-any sequence a channel 1 2 3 4 is given a one second on command and channel 3 will flicker.  Of course this irks me because it dose not look right!  This can clear up on its own after some time of the sequence playing or after the next few sequences..  It clears up immediately if the controller is powered off and back on the flickering will go away but may return later during the next sequences.  I have done the plug flip suggestion but it seems that the flickering  always comes back on the same channels on each of the affected 3 controllers.  Any suggestions?

Hmmm, with older controllers that would require a snubber, something to add a little more current to an LED strand that was NOT full-wave to stop that effect, half-wave LED strands usually had this issue on older Controllers.  But the newer units have this built in.  So this one may require a Help Desk ticket to LOR to see why a newer unit is doing this.

Hopefully someone else that may have experienced this with newer controllers will chime in and tell how to correct this.  But I think this is the first time I've seen this issue come up on the newer controller units.

G3 (AC) have the snubbers. I don't know about the CTB04.

Just to be clear. These are the LED strings with the problem?  (It should not happen with Incans)

It happens on my controller #1 and # 3 on a few channels (same channels each time) with just 2 Incandescence light strings per channels.   I know its a on command in the sequence but it flickers instead of steady on sometimes.  Just weird!   And it happens on my #2 controller on a few channels and those are LED strings.  Strange hat its happening across 3 controllers so I have been experimenting with power source swapping.( I have three dedicated circuit outlets to the light show on its own 3 separate breakers.) I moved the mini director away from my audio amp and my higher powered FM transmitter. It just seems like the micros on board are getting confused firing the on commands sometimes like its remembering a shimmer for that channel?

• The topic was locked