Light-O-Rama Forums

Performance issues with Background sequence

htebault

I have a combination of gear, spread on 3 LOR networks - one is 500K for a 12CCR (CCR1500) tree, and the other two are 57k for LOR controllers, CTB16PG3, CMB24D and CCB100D. All firmware is current.I am on the current software as well.  I have a show that includes one background animation sequence to turn on the icicle lights, and border lights that runs the full show then had about 8 musical shows that run in sequence.  I was bothered to see that the background lights were almost flashing in sync with the musical show event, not actual time, but constant flickering.

For testing, I modified one musical sequence to include turning on the same icicle lights and border lights in the same sequence as the musical number was programmed. I ran that and found it runs fine, no flickering at all for the border lights. I ran that same show with the same BACKGROUND sequence and get the flickering.  It appears that there is something wrong with the way the SHOW SCHEDULER handles the Background plus Musical Sequence that is causing the BACKGROUND sequence programming to flicker.  The same commands do not flicker if inserted inside the Musical Sequence.

Thoughts ?

Edited by htebault
misspelling

I had a similar problem to yours. I have one matrix that I run a background animation sequence on. All my other props are run by musical sequences. I used a preview for them all that was called entire yard and contained ALL. props. The sequences would run fine separately, but when I split them and ran the one as  a background and the others as musical programs my matrix went crazy. I fixed it by creating a separate preview for the prop in the background animation and "compiling" i.e. creating the play files using it. I created 2 second preview for the props in my musical sequence. It fixed everything. It appears that even though a given prop is not used ( such as my matrix ) LOR is still sending commands to it. When commands from both get sent it messes things up.

stevehoyt is correct.  You CAN NOT have the same channel in two sequences that are running at the same time.  A channel that is not used in a sequence is not the same as a channel that does not exist in a sequence.  If a channels exists in two sequences, the controller will see conflicting command and result in exactly what you are seeing.

Thanks for the help - I guess one fast way to fix it is to simply install the "background" effect lighting I want into each musical sequence. I can do that tomorrow...