Light-O-Rama Forums

Need help with my Pixie 16 and RGB bulbs

Damon Hobbs

I am completely new at this and need some guidance.  I am trying to hook up the 12V-WH-Bulbs-50-EC to a Pixie 16 for my roof lines.  I have a total of 7 strands that I will hook up to the Pixie16.  My current layout is 

Unit ID 1 is Standard 16 channel controller

Unit 5 is the Pixie 16

Unit 30 Is a Singing Tree

Unit 32 is another Singing Tree

Unit 40 is the 6' Pixel Tree

Software is advanced

In sequencer, I have my preview setup and everything works except for the strands on the pixie 16.  About 5 pixels light up on the 3rd port (5.16.Port3)

I do not know if the answer is right in front of me, or I have missed something?  I would like to light all roof peaks with this pixie 16 and the 7 strands and any help would be greatly appreciated

Damon W. Hobbs.

Screenshot (4).png

What are you running this on, a computer or director? If computer what usb adapter? You are running quite a few pixels there so you will need an enhanced high speed network which will require a Pro license.

Thank you for responding Mr. P.  I am running on a computer, I also have the mini director as well. but I am only using it for the TSO show.  As for the adapter, it is the black usb485.

Looks like you should also select - a new unit ID for each RGB String

However it also appears you are attempting to build this manually. You need to insert the entire pixie16 into your sequence, preview or whatever S5 calls it.

I see the error on the Pixie16 as your box checked - it created channels and not unit ID's , a pixie16 uses 16 consecutive unit ID's.

Also what my great friend Mr.P says above. A Pixie16 REQUIRES a Pro License and a Red USB adapter.  Enhanced Network at 500K

Also- your show will not run well if at all with all of that on one network. I am assuming those trees are Pixel Trees from LOR. You need to have at least 2 networks and 2 adapters, may as well buy 2 red HS adapters and get that out of the way.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

6 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Looks like you should also select - a new unit ID for each RGB String

However it also appears you are attempting to build this manually. You need to insert the entire pixie16 into your sequence, preview or whatever S5 calls it.

Also what my great friend Mr.P says above. A Pixie16 REQUIRES a Pro License and a Red USB adapter.  Enhanced Network at 500K

Also- your show will not run well if at all with all of that on one network. I am assuming those trees are Pixel Trees from LOR. You need to have at least 2 networks and 2 adapters, may as well buy 2 red HS adapters and get that out of the way.

JR

Thank you JR.  I am upgrading and ordering today.  I just have one pixel tree on its own pixie 8.  My other trees are just regular mini lights.  Thank you for helping!

Here is what I am figuring for your network:

CTB16PC - 16 channels

Pixie16 with seven stings of 50 - 350 pixels/1050 channels

First Singing Tree - 200 pixels/600 channels

Second Singing Tree - 200 pixels/600 channels

Pixel Tree - 400 pixels/1200 channels

Total Channels - 3466 channels

That is a lot of channels even for an enhanced high speed network.

Edited by Mr. P

1 minute ago, Mr. P said:

Here is what I am figuring for your network:

CTB16PC - 16 channels

Pixie16 with seven stings of 50 - 350 pixels/1050 channels

First Singing Tree - 200 pixels/600 channels

Second Singing Tree - 200 pixels/600 channels

Pixel Tree - 400 pixels/1200 channels

Total Channels - 3466 channels

That is a lot of channels even for an enhanced high speed network, you will probably need two networks.

Thank you!  I was just wanting to start out this year but it has sucked me in and I Love It!  I had no idea how much fun and frustrating it could be.  So i need 2 red adapters and pro license next?  thanks again!

1 minute ago, Damon Hobbs said:

Thank you!  I was just wanting to start out this year but it has sucked me in and I Love It!  I had no idea how much fun and frustrating it could be.  So i need 2 red adapters and pro license next?  thanks again!

Yes, I would get two just in case. Out of what you listed the CTB16 will limit your network speed at 500K but everything else can do 1000K.

9 minutes ago, Damon Hobbs said:

Thank you JR.  I am upgrading and ordering today.  I just have one pixel tree on its own pixie 8.  My other trees are just regular mini lights.  Thank you for helping!

Your unit ID's are not easy to understand/ correct.

What is Unit #1 controlling?

Unit 5- 14 should be your Pixie16 (remember they use 16 Unit ID's not channels or ports)

What are unit 30 and 32? You say you only have 1 AC controller

You would not have two unit ID's for a normal AC controller that would control normal singing faces (LED)

Unit 40 is a pixie 8 so that would use unit ID's 40-47

JR

Edited by dibblejr

3 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Your unit ID's are not easy to understand.

Unit 5- 14 should be your Pixie16 (remember they use 16 Unit ID's not channels or ports)

JR

30 & 31, 32 & 33 are singing trees on a two Pixie2's I believe.

Edited by Mr. P

2 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

30 & 31, 32 & 33 are singing trees on a two Pixie2's I believe.

He says he only has normal LED trees. 

I know what they are but what he is saying is not correct.

JR

1 minute ago, dibblejr said:

Your unit ID's are not easy to understand.

JR

Unit 1 is the standard 16 channel CTB16PCG# that I have going to regular mini lights on bushes, columns, a couple rooflines, little trees i made with mini lights, etc.

then from there I go to the 6ft 16x25 pixel tree on Unit 40-47, then to the singing trees each have their own pixie 2 on Unit 30 (Ralphie) and Unit 32 (zuzu), then Unit 5-14 is the Pixie 16

According to his screen shot, shouldn't  the Pixie 16 be 1-9, 0A,0B, 0C, 0D ,0E, 0F? IF the lights are assigned to 10-16 they won't light.

2 hours ago, tlogan said:

According to his screen shot, shouldn't  the Pixie 16 be 1-9, 0A,0B, 0C, 0D ,0E, 0F? IF the lights are assigned to 10-16 they won't light.

No- unit 1 according to his post is an AC controller and the screenshot shows pixie16 Unit 5

JR

Thank You all!  I believe y’all got me on track. I used dibblejr link to go in and setup my pixie step by step. Mr. P I ordered those two red usb485hs today. After the dibblejr setup I went into S5 sequencer and added the props and can see my lights lighting up in the preview pane. Thanks again for all of y’all’s help.