Light-O-Rama Forums

Changing unit an channels in a sequence

jdfarmboy67

I'm lost. How do I change the control number an the channels in a sequence if the sequence is using different channels then I use.I'm complete lost an new at this.Thank you in advance.

I don''t know much about S5, but if there is a channel config file like in the older versions {pre-S5} it should be easy, if not, can you click on a channel button in S5?  And does that bring up info on that channel such as Channel Name, Control Unit #, Channel being used?  If so, you should be able to make changes easily enough.

Edited by Orville

In S5, it's in the Prop Definition screen. If you double click a light in your preview or on a line in the grid configuration, it will pop up the Prop Definition screen. There, in the lower right corner you will see the Network, Unit ID, Start Circuit, End Circuit and Color. That is where you change it.  The beauty of the Prop Definition and use of a single Preview for all of your sequences is that once you make the change here, ALL the rest of your sequences that use that Preview AUTOMATICLALLY pick up the change.

If you already have a Preview made for your setup, it is often easier when you get a sequence from someone else, to open theirs and a new one based on your preview in side by side tabs  and then copy the various effects from theirs to yours.  Most sequences you get from others don't usually match up all that well to your setup since there isn't really any "normal" or "right" way to setup your lights.