Light-O-Rama Forums

CPU Requriements

Jason7872

With adding more and more pixels each year I am noticing a considerable delay in the sequences when the play. Not sure if I have too many pixels on each network (I have 3) or if my laptop isn’t fast enough processor (I have I tel Core i5). 

I am running the older version of the software - S4 Pro but also wondering if I need to run the newest S5 software if that will matter.  

my specific issues are with a sequence someone did for me in xlights and then exported to LOR. The file size is huge. Not sure if I need to look at faster processor, splitting up networks, or ????

The CPU load of a running show is pretty low.

OTOH The I/O  load is pretty heavy. The HD is in use for file transfers (Audio and Sequence), the USB ports for the LOR dongles (IMHO don't have a USB hard drive on the same controller/HUB as the show), and your Ethernet port if E1.31) (It is suggested that WiFi be off. and your computer isolated from your House network)

Defrag your HD. suspend non-essential (to the show) apps. e-mail, Twitter et al  all gobble CPU and I/O cycles

While the show is running, bring up the Windows Task Manager and watch the performance number for yourself.  BTW, one of the easiest ways to reduce CPU load is to use Intensity files for most of your data (requires Enhanced networking and a Pro level license).

• The topic was locked