Light-O-Rama Forums

Verifier fails on everything!

jamills706

Perhaps in my frustration at how far behind I am I am missing something elemental....but...

I have created a simple 3 minute long animation sequence which will pop before and after the show. It plays in the Sequencer and controls the lights properly when I check the Control Lights box.

I then used Hub to create a show and a schedule to only play that one sequence and it says it can't find the file when I enable the schedule.

I read and read read numerous posts here about not needing to make my own Playback Files....and decided maybe I better run the Verifier and/or the Sequence Compressor.

Well - neither of them find the file either.

I opened it in SE again and did a See As to make sure it was in my "ThisPC>Documents>Light-O-Rama>Sequences" Folder. It even comes up and tells me that the file already exists so I overwrote it..

I looked and I do also see in in the File Explorer along with other Sequences I've prepared for this years show.

BUT...when I go to verify or compress it is says it cannot find it (I chose the "Entire Schedule" option as it only contains the one sequence at the moment.

I also tried to make a Show ON Demand and a that failed as well.

I am running S5 - version 5.3.10.

The sequence isn't even complex - just a bunch of slow fades and a few Bars and Spirals and Meteors....just very slow movement.

If anyone can tell me what I'm forgetting - or point me to a relevant help file, or forum post to get me back on track, I'd greatly appreciate it!

I only use show on demand here for testing and the scheduler for overnight shows.  I am on 5.3.6 and it is ok at this level. 

You say you tried show and demand and it failed. Can you be specific about the error you got. Did you use the show editor to put the loredit file in the show?

When you built your show using the show editor, after you hit the + sign to add a sequence to it, did you select S5 sequences in the drop down menu on the lower right after the file name box?

28 minutes ago, stevehoyt said:

When you built your show using the show editor, after you hit the + sign to add a sequence to it, did you select S5 sequences in the drop down menu on the lower right after the file name box?

Yes - the show contains the proper sequence.

The Show Builder finds it right where I saved it.

When I then run the verifier on either the show, or the schedule or try to find it as the individual sequence it simply cannot find it.

It throws up and err that read: "Sequence File Cannot Be Loaded." It does list that actual correct path to the sequence on the far right of that screen..."C:\Users\jamills\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\2019-PRE-Animation.loredit."

Says the error message number is "24."

the verifier is broken as far as we all can tell. It hasn't been updated to the current levels. I would ignore it completely for now. You should be able to diagnose any errors you are having by other means. Sorry I assumed you were having other issues besides it, as you mentioned show on demand not working. 

Edited by stevehoyt

5 hours ago, jamills706 said:

Yes - the show contains the proper sequence.

The Show Builder finds it right where I saved it.

When I then run the verifier on either the show, or the schedule or try to find it as the individual sequence it simply cannot find it.

It throws up and err that read: "Sequence File Cannot Be Loaded." It does list that actual correct path to the sequence on the far right of that screen..."C:\Users\jamills\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\2019-PRE-Animation.loredit."

Says the error message number is "24."

I am running 5.3.10 and when I try to verify a single show verifier will tell me it cannot be found. Funny thing is my show runs fine. I see yours does not. When the play files are created they can be located in the lorinternal folder. There are many issues with 5.3.10 and I currently have 2 help tickets relating to similar issues. Many people have said if LOR doesn't get things straightened out they may be going with a different software.

I don't believe verifier even works, if you try and verify a 5.3.10 sequence you can't because it won't let you choose the files. My 2019 directory according to it is empty. More and more issues with this 5.3.x software.......too many that seem to be added on purpose to drive people into a certain program that costs a small fortune. I thought when I upgraded a few years ago to the pro version because of pixel editor being added I was doing the right thing, I then upgraded my license to cover S5....what a mistake I see that was now....S5 used to be pretty awesome, now it's terrible and going in a forced direction.

1 hour ago, Sully said:

I don't believe verifier even works, if you try and verify a 5.3.10 sequence you can't because it won't let you choose the files. My 2019 directory according to it is empty. More and more issues with this 5.3.x software.......too many that seem to be added on purpose to drive people into a certain program that costs a small fortune. I thought when I upgraded a few years ago to the pro version because of pixel editor being added I was doing the right thing, I then upgraded my license to cover S5....what a mistake I see that was now....S5 used to be pretty awesome, now it's terrible and going in a forced direction.

Verified has worked on every sequence that I have used this year in 5.3.10. Whether or not it is accurate is another story.

All this "verifier works" or "verifier doesn't work - ignore it" is good to hear ---- but ---- that doesn't negate the fact the my show won't play because it says the sequence can't be found. I was only trying the compressor or verifier to see if there was a problem with the sequence.....which seems unlikely since I can play it from the sequencer with no problems....just can't make a schedule run to play it it from the show.

The Sequence is in the show - it found it and let me put it in.....the show is in a schedule....when it attempts to run it simply states that the sequence cannot be opened.

Show on demand fails, show from the schedule fails ---- both say the sequence cannot be opened.

So i'm still back to where I started and have no show running.

I can't imagine how frustrated you must be. I assume you have a help desk ticket open and  hopefully matt will get involved. If you think it would be of any value to you, send me a copy of your sequence and I would be happy to try it on my running system and see if any errors show up here that could shed any light on the problem. 

email is stevehoyt@comcast.net

3 hours ago, stevehoyt said:

I can't imagine how frustrated you must be. I assume you have a help desk ticket open and  hopefully matt will get involved. If you think it would be of any value to you, send me a copy of your sequence and I would be happy to try it on my running system and see if any errors show up here that could shed any light on the problem. 

email is stevehoyt@comcast.net

I heard back from LOR Staff - they said just what I already knew - but clarified a few small details for me. I did not change anything...did not restart my computer...nothing changed. BUT - I tried a Show on Demand again and it worked just like it should have! Makes absolutely no sense. I have been trying over and over and over and over for the past 3 days to get a show to play with no luck at all. Then boom - out of the blue - it starts working. Simply and completely illogical that it would!!!!! But - oh well - it seems to be working for the time being!

Thanks to everyone fr your comments and suggestions!!!!!

I have a Help Desk Ticket open on another issue with S5.

What I found in my situation is that the 'export' function is creating a file type that is different from the file type the 'import' function is looking for. 'Import' cannot find the file. When I change the file type of exported to what the importer is looking for, it works as it should. Most people don't set  the options In Windows Explorer (File Explorer) to display file types. Change the options, if necessary, then see if the files you're trying to verify match the type the verifier is looking for. In my case, they looked similar at a quick glance, but were different. If they are different, let LOR know.

Bob W

15 hours ago, BobW said:

I have a Help Desk Ticket open on another issue with S5.

What I found in my situation is that the 'export' function is creating a file type that is different from the file type the 'import' function is looking for. 'Import' cannot find the file. When I change the file type of exported to what the importer is looking for, it works as it should. Most people don't set  the options In Windows Explorer (File Explorer) to display file types. Change the options, if necessary, then see if the files you're trying to verify match the type the verifier is looking for. In my case, they looked similar at a quick glance, but were different. If they are different, let LOR know.

Bob W

Support staff told me that Verifier does not understand S5 sequences and will produce results that cannot be counted on at all....so, in other words, don't even try the verifier on S5 sequences.

29 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

That's .....................Helpful?

In as much as I stopped wondering why Verifier couldn't check my sequences....yes.

As to why the show wouldn't play for three days then magically started working with no changes made....well....no, not really!

I'm just chalking this one up to Christmas Fairies (may Christmas Gremlins!).