Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums
Sctiger

Network scan not showing all controllers

Recommended Posts

Ok, I'm posting this here because with this issue, I do feel like a newbie.  I've added two Cosmic Color Pixel controllers this year to go along with my 2 LOR1600Ws.  When plugged up beside the computer, the network found both CCPs just fine. I was able to see what the sequencing looked like.  Fast forward to installation. I daisy chained each unit with the Cat 5 cables and when  I scanned the network, it only shows 3 units.  My 2 AC units and it varies from finding one Pixie unit to finding an unknown device with 32 outputs.  Once when I rescanned, it found all 4.  When it showed all 4 (only that one time) I changed the unit ID on the first one but was unable to change the second one because it could no longer find it.  Any thoughts? TIA

Edited by Sctiger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plug a cat5 cable to only the one you need to change the unit id on and after it's changed plug all back in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Pixies Controllers were daisy chained together when you changed the unit ID on the one, chances are it CHANGED BOTH UNITS to the same ID, and this is why it's no longer finding the 2nd pixie Controller.  As Mr. P said, take out the one it's not finding and connect ONLY that unit to the HU, chances are when it finds it, it's going to have the same ID # as the other, change the ID and you should be good to go, unless it has to be changed by a different method.  As I know some of the Pixie family ID is changed differently than others.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have Showtimeversion 4. I had this happen occasionally (the Unknown device thing). I terminated the end of the cable, it helped. 

Gen 2 Pixies have a TERMINATE jumper, if it is the Last on the cable, otherwise  a 120 ohm resistor  between the Blue and White pair (4 - 5) plugged into the last controller

But you should try the real show and not rely on HU in this case (finding Unknown)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update. It was honestly like spinning a roulette wheel when I would refresh the network. Luckily I happen to love roulette. Sometimes finding 3 units, sometimes 4, and even once 5.  Still scratching my head on the 5 units. Apparently it even detected my new LOR1600 still in the box that I never got around to incorporating lol. Long story short..whenever I had 4 units showing, even though one was unknown, I set the appropriate unit IDs and started my MIIP show. All worked well. At this point, as long as it's working, I'm OK with not understanding it. Thanks for the help guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The HU frequently misses or mis identifies controllers. If the sequence works, all good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...