Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence to music video

GrisWattsZ

I have a projector and I am trying to project the Let it go music video on the house. I have looked everywhere to purchase the music video (animated with Elsa) and can't find it on google or iTunes. any idea how people are getting the video to project during the sequence?!

8 hours ago, GrisWattsZ said:

I have a projector and I am trying to project the Let it go music video on the house. I have looked everywhere to purchase the music video (animated with Elsa) and can't find it on google or iTunes. any idea how people are getting the video to project during the sequence?!

My guess would be they are using some form of software to capture it from the movie, saving and editing it{without any sound}, then sequencing it themselves with the audio track as a separate MP3.

I don't use or own{at least not yet} a projector, but I do use video editing software and have made custom videos for some of my stuff on FB or YouTube, just not for use in my display.

oh ok that does make sense. I have a projector and have researched how to add it to the musical sequence list, but couldn't seem to find a video.

I think you would still have to demux the audio from the video and make sure it's in a proper format. There are lot of free conversion tools out there, or at least free trials. You can probably download a version from the soundtrack for $1 or so. Saves you a lot of time and headache.

8 hours ago, tlogan said:

I think you would still have to demux the audio from the video and make sure it's in a proper format. There are lot of free conversion tools out there, or at least free trials. You can probably download a version from the soundtrack for $1 or so. Saves you a lot of time and headache.

I agree with this as the audio needs to be in CBR format and 128Kbps {although I've always used 192Kbps with no issues}.

Most video audio is in VBR format, and that can play havoc with things getting out of sync.  So you may still need to separate the audio from the video, then remarry the new audio track to a saved version of the video WITHOUT the audio.   It's what I do when I need to change or modify audio tracks to a video.

Unfortunately, when you edit the audio and video, you will have to render it again, which will put you right back where you started..

I would imagine some of the higher end video editors might have more audio options. I have never sequenced video, so I can't say how much the audio format is an issue.

2 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

Unfortunately, when you edit the audio and video, you will have to render it again, which will put you right back where you started..

I would imagine some of the higher end video editors might have more audio options. I have never sequenced video, so I can't say how much the audio format is an issue.

I use a commercial video editor and I can change the audio settings in the video.  So it is possible to do.  I've never sequenced a video, but the ones I do make, if I ever wanted to use them in a sequence{although doubtful}, they will already be set up for that purpose.

• The topic was locked