Light-O-Rama Forums

Problems going back to 5.2.4

Little_b

Hey Everyone I've been reading about the issues with 5.3.x and have been experiences most the same issues myself.  I've also read about people going back to 5.2.4 to get the show to run properly and create the .play files.  I have tried this, but my sequences won't open as I have created them mostly in 5.3.2.  Am I out of luck on this or are there steps I'm missing.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Had the same issue....do you have your older sequences? They'll load into 5.2x. In 5.3.10 you can create the playback files easily...here's how.

1. Start control panel

2. Double click the light bulb to open the log window.

3. Right click the light bulb and open show editor

4. click musical and then add your sequences

5. click the options tab then be sure to tick Sequences are loaded before any are played.

6. save that show as something you'll remember easily.

7. close show editor 

8. right click the light bulb and open Show on demand

9. select your show you created in step 6.

10. click OK and you'll see in the log window it'll begin creating playback files. Once you hear the first song start it's finished and you can end that show playback

11. Your newly created files will be in \Documents\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Playback\L

1 hour ago, Little_b said:

Hey Everyone I've been reading about the issues with 5.3.x and have been experiences most the same issues myself.  I've also read about people going back to 5.2.4 to get the show to run properly and create the .play files.  I have tried this, but my sequences won't open as I have created them mostly in 5.3.2.  Am I out of luck on this or are there steps I'm missing.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Little_b,

It is interesting you mention 5.3.2. Within the release of 5.3.2 there where a number of changes to motion effects one of which has your name attached to it. Aha your the source of all this mess. Grab the pitchforks. ( I'm just kidding 😋)

I am in the same boat, I altered some of my effects with these changes and I suspect they are what is stopping me from going back to 5.2.4, because 5.2.4 doesn't know what to do with this additional info attached to the motion effects. Make sense?

I'm bailing on the 5.3.xx series, and going to try to go back to 5.2.4. My first attempt will be to remove any effects that have been altered with the changes mentioned in the 5.3.2 update docs as seen below, if that doesn't work I can back to my 2017 backups and rebuild the sequences again. I made changes to my 2018 sequences with 5.3.xx all throughout 2018, so they all are full of the altered effects.

Whatever you decide, more importantly noe than ever is to BACKUP everything.

Alan...

532%20changes.jpg

I guess I lucked out.  Although I have a bunch of sequencing done in the last few months in various versions of S5.3.x, because I never got the hardware changes accomplished that the sequencing assumed, I am running my 2018 sequences in my 2019 show.  Opening night the show computer was running 5.3.10 (with files created in 5.2,x last year), but I had an issue related to MIIP that prompted me to move both the show computer and my sequencing computer back to 5.2.4 the next day.

I found if you add the .loredit sequence when adding to show editor the show plays fine there is a delay the first time it plays as it reads and verifies the .loredit sequence and converts into play files and copies the play files to "Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Playback\L"

Once they are converted there is no delay and they play fine. In my case I use "C:\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\"    " for storing my loredit Sequences"

The player seems to know what to do Example: I am using compressed sequences

Initializing LOR networks
5:31:16 PM: LOR networks initialized
5:31:19 PM: Request for show on demand received: C:\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\emergency.lss
5:31:23 PM: Show Player initialized
5:31:24 PM: Starting show: C:\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\emergency.lss
5:31:24 PM: Checking S5 sequence: C:\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\Open.loredit
5:31:24 PM: Loading compressed sequence: C:\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Playback\L\Open.0002.19.play.lms.lcs
5:31:24 PM: Starting Startup: C:\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Playback\L\Open.0002.19.play.lms.lcs
5:32:11 PM: Ending Startup: C:\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Playback\L\Open.0002.19.play.lms.lcs
5:32:11 PM: Checking S5 sequence: C:\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\All I Want For Christmas.loredit
5:32:12 PM: Loading compressed sequence: C:\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Playback\L\All I Want For Christmas.0002.19.play.lms.lcs
5:32:12 PM: Starting Musical: C:\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Playback\L\All I Want For Christmas.0002.19.play.lms.lcs

I normal use miip that is the reason for emergency.lss. I have been emailing Bob and is looking into this.

It looks like the songs in your log are fairly short. Longer songs may be more problematic, as the file sizes grow.

2 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

It looks like the songs in your log are fairly short. Longer songs may be more problematic, as the file sizes grow.

My opening show had a 10 min mp4 sequence programmed on Windows 10 PC & Played back on windows 7 PC. But lucky I compressed the sequence first would have taken a long time between sequences

I had to compress sequences by sequence as the compressor will not compress a show with files using ".loredit"   Strange?