Light-O-Rama Forums

New to LOR

neonl

Hello, I am new here so sorry if I have the wrong location. I am making a light tunnel and I want to use LOR lights. I did the math and I would need 20 strings of smart pixels. That's all I know. How many controllers would I need? I have the basic idea down and I will probably get a director so I don't have to constantly run my PC.

Pixiecon 16 and pixie 4 would cover 20 strings of 100 bulbs or less. http://store.lightorama.com/12v16bupipaw1.html But if you are trying to get this up this Christmas I believe it will be not possible. Wait for summer sale and get them cheaper. There is a learning curve to LOR.

While a Pixcon16 and a Pixie4 would work??? Why Pixcon16 and not a Pixie16. Those behave the same...KISS

BUT Think about cables and how long the tunnel is.  5 Pixie4, keep the controllers close to the strings and lessen the number of long home runs

So Q1 is: How long is the tunnel? Q2: 1 strand per arch?  Q3) 12V vs 5V. (I'm a 12V gut, longer leads without power injecting)

Unless your tunnel is over 120' a Pixie18 and Pixie4 will work just fine. Some of my newer pixies are 120' from controller to first pixel. I tested that because I had to go through walls, around corners and other objects to get to them. 120' is my longest run and I didn't test any longer.

You can put the pixie16 on one end and a pixie 4 on the other is you choose since you will have to build at least the pixie4.

The pixcon16 is a lot more difficult to configure and understand. If you look at my writeup and watch my video a pixie16 is as close to plug and play as you can get in this hobby.

Need help feel free to ask.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

• The topic was locked