Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie16 Added, Now CTB16PC Controllers Not Working All the time

Aquaman

On 11/29/2019 at 11:16 PM, Orville said:

To your first question, NO.  It's not a chip change, it's an entirely new design.  No way to upgrade the older units.  Any that show V 4.3.2 are all V2 {Pre-Gen 3} Controllers and are limited to a maximum of 115K speed, NON-ENHANCED Network, these are usually kept on THEIR OWN NETWORK using a black USB485 adapter, the new G3's and your pixie 16 can operate at higher speeds, but I'm not sure of your pixie unit, it may require a speed of 1,000K, Enhanced Netwrok.  And you G3's are also limited to a MAXIMUM of 500K, Enhanced speeds and should be on their own network.

For everything you have to play well together, you need 3 separate networks, Regular for the Controllers with FWV: 4.3.2, 500K, Enhanced, AUX A for the G3 Controllers {FWV:1.09} and if the pixie is one that uses 1000K, Enhanced, it would be Aux B.

However if it's a different unit that is maxed at 500K, Enhanced, then it could be added to the Aux A Network and you would not need a 3rd Network for it.

I just want to thank you for this response, and the others in this thread. After years of running a standard network show, I added a pixel tree this year and was having this same issue. I spent hours troubleshooting. I Googled every possible thing I could think of, I watched over an hour of videos, I was quite literally in tears because I couldn't figure out why, despite the fact that HU could see every controller, only my Pixie props were working. I saw this response and a light bulb went off. I immediately plugged in my black adapter (I had everything running on the red HS), moved everything but the pixie to that one, changed the Network setup to put the Pixie on Aux A and reduce the speed of the regular network back down to 115 and BAM my show is running flawlessly. So, I want to personally thank you as, it seems in this hobby there are a lot of people who don't want to help others to this level of detail and your response here saved my show (and probably my marriage LOL).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HappyMommy said:

I just want to thank you for this response, and the others in this thread. After years of running a standard network show, I added a pixel tree this year and was having this same issue. I spent hours troubleshooting. I Googled every possible thing I could think of, I watched over an hour of videos, I was quite literally in tears because I couldn't figure out why, despite the fact that HU could see every controller, only my Pixie props were working. I saw this response and a light bulb went off. I immediately plugged in my black adapter (I had everything running on the red HS), moved everything but the pixie to that one, changed the Network setup to put the Pixie on Aux A and reduce the speed of the regular network back down to 115 and BAM my show is running flawlessly. So, I want to personally thank you as, it seems in this hobby there are a lot of people who don't want to help others to this level of detail and your response here saved my show (and probably my marriage LOL).

I don’t think you problem had anything to do with the red adapter. The red adapter works with ALL generations of LOR controllers.

It was all a speed and compatibility problem.

The red adapters are the way to go.

Happy you got it figured out but as stated the red adapter , unless the black adapter was plugged Ed in to your HS network and pixie16 had nothing to do with swapping it around.

JR

13 hours ago, HappyMommy said:

Very happy I could help you, and really very happy your show is now up and running flawlessly! :D

• Like 1

I have a similar issue as HappyMommy…. Had (4) CTB16PC's running flawlessly on the REGULAR net. Added a Pixie16, changed REGULAR net to ENHANCED.... Pixie16 worked OK, but CTB16PC's stopped working. Changed REGULAR net back to recommended 56K, recreated the show editor. …
ISSUE 1: CTB16PCs still don't work.???  

I also noticed that when I altered a working sequence, saved it and created a PLAYBACK file, it generated two files:  one with an extension of ".play.lms" and the second with an extension of ".play.lms.pe.lid"???   ISSUE 2: Is this because I changed the REGULAR net to ENHANCED and modified the sequence?  

• 3 weeks later...

MikeToo,

Changing a network from Regular to Enhanced does not create a file ".play.lms.pe.lid". Not sure what creates this.

On 12/2/2019 at 6:52 PM, MikeToo said:

I have a similar issue as HappyMommy…. Had (4) CTB16PC's running flawlessly on the REGULAR net. Added a Pixie16, changed REGULAR net to ENHANCED.... Pixie16 worked OK, but CTB16PC's stopped working. Changed REGULAR net back to recommended 56K, recreated the show editor. …

I also noticed that when I altered a working sequence, saved it and created a PLAYBACK file, it generated two files:  one with an extension of ".play.lms" and the second with an extension of ".play.lms.pe.lid"???   ISSUE 2: Is this because I changed the REGULAR net to ENHANCED and modified the sequence?  

If the CTBs are gen 1 or 2 they will not work with the pixie16. They cannot run “enhanced as the pixies have to be enhanced”

You need to have them on another network. 

JR

On 12/2/2019 at 7:52 PM, MikeToo said:

When using pixel editor, and you save the intensity file when you done, it creates the pe.lid files. they are needed in there so show runs properly with pixels. with all ctb16pc controllers, they are v2 which will not, and can not work on any speeds higher than 115k. most of them run fine at 56k. And not Enhanced. Pixel controllers require 500k plus enhanced network. so if you mix them, they have to have separate networks. Common error is thinking "regular" network is just that. You can set your regular network to be 500k and enhanced, or any of the speeds and whether its enhanced or not. Network config is where you can change these settings. 

• The topic was locked