Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie16 jumper

kj11856

I have a pixie16 that I am making a mega tree. I will be using those China bullet pixels ws2811. Do I need to install the jumper or do I need to leave it off 

2 hours ago, kj11856 said:

I have a pixie16 that I am making a mega tree. I will be using those China bullet pixels ws2811. Do I need to install the jumper or do I need to leave it off 

You use HU to configure a Pixie.(See Page 10 in the Pixie Manual).

Once the contoller is selected in the Unit to config  box

Click Config:  then click: Cosmic Color / Pixie.

That is the place for bulb type: Color Order: Logical resolution

most of those will stay at default.

Ok. Just making sure. It came with a big note in the box that warns about the jumper. I’m not new to light I Rama. But new to these smart pixel controllers

2 hours ago, kj11856 said:

Ok. Just making sure. It came with a big note in the box that warns about the jumper. I’m not new to light I Rama. But new to these smart pixel controllers

TheDucks is speaking of configuring the pixie. Easier than the manual is to watch my video linked below.

Are you talking about a "pin" (black jumper or the white dip switches on the controller? (about your install jumper comment). 

If its the little black jumper that needs to be installed next to the com jack, that will need to be installed if you want to daisy chain the controller to other controllers.

Please reply with the specific pin/ jumper. The two items are completely different.

I have never received a pixie device with a note. Do you mind post exactly what the note says. Thank you for that info.

In my writeup I do not mention the jumpers because LOR has just started shipping units with the jumper not connected , post writeup.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

I’m not talking about the white dip switches. I’m talking about the jumper to tell the controller what type of lights I’m using. And yes I am daisy chaining 3 controllers on this network. One pixie2 and 2 pixie16 in this chain. The first pixie16 seems to be doing fine. The second on has strips that flash. Prolly because elf the length to from the controller to the strips. 

Just now, kj11856 said:

I’m not talking about the white dip switches. I’m talking about the jumper to tell the controller what type of lights I’m using. And yes I am daisy chaining 3 controllers on this network. One pixie2 and 2 pixie16 in this chain. The first pixie16 seems to be doing fine. The second on has strips that flash. Prolly because elf the length to from the controller to the strips. 

That’s actually to much on a single network but it’s your show.

If you have new pixie16’s the length to the first pixel has increased drastically since the day I beta tested them.

You set the type of lights with HU as well as I recommend the unit ID.

All of that is explained in my writeup/ video so I’m not gonna reinvent the wheel.

That jumper is used for lights that are not pre recognized in the HU. Personally i have never ran across any pixels not listed in the HU.

JR

7 minutes ago, kj11856 said:

When I get home I will snap a picture of the note and post

Thank you, I know about that pin though. Save your little picture space here for better things, that pic would probably be larger than allowable.

I thought they may have started sending a note about the data port pin next to the network jack.

I had a lot of people contact me because nothing down the chain after the pixie worked. They thought the controller was bad.

JR

• The topic was locked