Light-O-Rama Forums

Better Test StartUp again

dgrant

My show goes live tonight. But, I discovered this morning when verifying things, here it is yet again, waiting on the show player to re-do everything as in "Checking" each sequence, recreating playback files...again...,exporting compressed sequences again.... and so on. I started this with a show on demand two hours ago and its almost ready to play the first song.

lol, now trying a second time, its insisting the playback files don't exist even though just a couple of hours ago, they were created by the same show player. Come on LOR, please fix this!

Save yourself some grief.

At least for a test, Go back to 5.2.4 and create the play files manually. 

Uninstall 5,3, delete the Programfiles9x86)\LOR folder, install 5.2.4

Yeah, might have to do just that. I see that 5.3.10 is recreating each set of playback files, each time you try to run the show. So for mine, two hours of processing prior to it actually doing something outside. Not happy here.

The playback files are there, just with new "almost" extensions to each. Some have extension 211, some with 215, 216, 217 and now its creating 218

I have not followed the 5.3.x issues much, but each time it creates the files, it add what essentially is a revision number.

To be fair iy SHOULD only create the files one time on the first pass. However after waiting for the two hours, to prepare  the play files my sequences still have up to a 2 minute delay on the larger files, which seems to be associated with the LCS loading time.

5.3 will actually play 5.2.4 playback files fine, which is what I am currently doing.

The manually created 5.2.4 playback files are just created in the sequence folder like always.

Anytime I test with the 5.3 lorinternal files the delays happen.

The numeric extensions are supposed to be some kind of versioning reference. Breaks MIIP too, not to mention the delays

So last night, Thanksgiving evening, I had to start my show an hour early just so that it would process, yet again, all of the sequences, in order for the show to start at approximately 5:30Pm. What a joke...no way to actually schedule the show. I was loading all sequences "before" playing, so that the show wouldn't go dark between songs for several minutes. I'm really wanting to go back to the 5.2.4 but I've already saved sequences in later versions. 

Something else I have to figure out today is why my single CCR, on its own "enhanced" network, didn't function last night. It tested ok in the hardware program but failed to run in the show. Yes, it was setup in the network preferences. Unfortunately, I have to work this morning, Black Friday, so its going to be a long and rough day :( 

So I fixed a couple of issues this afternoon after work and got some things to work. Re-starting the show at 4:30 for a 5:30 hopeful start time, instead it took 1.6 hours to actually begin and still have delays between sequences. 

• The topic was locked