Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixels Strobe/Flash During Show

ace22

Hi all,

Has anyone see where during a show the pixels strobe/flash while playing. I have 2 pixie 16's and have them on a separate network COM 4 (AUX A) with 500k and enhanced checked. While testing all of my sequences in the sequencer and controlling the lights it works great but when I add my sequences to a show they all flash almost like a strobe light. 

Thanks for the input 

I Think I just figured it out. I have a background sequence that keeps my blowups on and the FM sign on. As well as this year I have a small walkway with pixels that I have set to stay on at 50%. I guess for some reason its not playing well with the rest of the sequences. I will continue to trouble shoot that but when I get rid of the background sequence it fixes the issue. 

You CAN NOT have multiple sequences playing at the same time with the same channels.  The two sequences will be sending conflicting commands to the lights - resulting in ugly results.

Note, when I say they can't be in two sequences, I do not mean that they can be off in one sequence and running in anther sequence.  They can only exist in one sequence.

Jim is correct.  Channels I use for my BACKGROUND Sequences ARE NOT USED in my Musical Sequences in my shows. 

That is. I use Channel 15 for my Snowman Tune to sign and Channel 16 on my CTB16PC Controller #06 for my Ramp Lights to be on during the show as a Background sequence,  also use  Channel 8 on my CTB16PC Controller #07 for my roof line Snowfall lights so they operate ON during the shows in the Background tab, all my show sequences DO NOT have Channels 15 or 16 on Controller #06 or Channel 8 on Controller #07 in ANY of the SHOW sequences. 

Because if they exist in a show sequence and are off, your Background sequence then becomes useless.  Remove any channels your Background sequence uses from your show sequences, then everything will work as it should.

Good Luck!

Edited by Orville
Stated Controller #07 Channel 1, should have been Channel 8...Corrected.

• The topic was locked