Light-O-Rama Forums

Error 10053 Winsock Error

dmich9

Whenever I boot up the S5 control panel I get the error:

Comm Listener error 3: Comm Winsock Error / 10053: Connection is aborted due to timeout or other failure
I'm pretty sure this is the only issue preventing my show from running. What do I do to fix this?

commlisterner.PNG

Do you have the HU open or the Editor open, both will open without the Control Panel in operation.  And this could also cause that issue.  Another is do you have the USB FTDI Drivers loaded for the USB Adapter?  If not, or the driver has gotten corrupted or disabled in some manner, this too can cause that error when trying to load the Control Panel.   At least I've had that happen to me on occasion.

Always make sure NOTHING from the LOR Suite is running when first opening the Control Panel.  If so, close ALL LOR Programs and then try to restart the Control Panel.   If you have a SHOW ENABLED, you will also need to DISABLE ANY Show that could possibly be running, although you shouldn't be able to load or run a show if the Control Panel IS NOT loaded.  But stranger things have happened.

One other thing you may want to try, is REBOOT the computer, sometimes things in Windows get out of sorts, you may want to try this first, and if this doesn't clear it, then one of the other methods above may need to be looked into.

Anyway this is how I've gotten that error resolved, however your situation could be something entirely different.   With Windows machines, you just never know.

Good Luck.

I had a similar error on the kids computer tonight. I am running S4, so it may be different, but somehow the network utility had the wrong comm port and had to fix that before it would work.

• The topic was locked