Light-O-Rama Forums

Yesterday and Today

jfuller8400

I'd rather have the snow than two days of wind and rain... Every time the wind gusts I jump up, run to the window and stare at my props like a kid waiting for Santa on Christmas Eve. The excitement level is the same when I see all my props still in place.

35 minutes ago, MichRX7 said:

Every time the wind gusts I jump up, run to the window and stare at my props like a kid waiting for Santa on Christmas Eve. The excitement level is the same when I see all my props still in place.

I came home at noon so I could work online from home this afternoon and keep an eye on things.  Like you, I have to rush to the windows to check on the props every time a big gust of wind comes through.  No casualties so far (knock on wood) but I'm sure I'll have to pull several individual strands of icicle lights off the roof and out of the gutter like I always have to do after strong winds.

Snow=NO--- I am a little sunburned it was 82 here today, Finally finished with it at just sun set, this was day four,with a little help from a neighbor,  Hot damn it all worked ,played one musical selection ,all seems to be on target , Tomorrow, while the turkey is in the oven I will build a show of all the songs I have added the new channels and couple new songs . I am totaly wiped out , up and down a 12 foot ladder trimming a 30 foot by 8 foot high hedge, to get ready for net lights is a bit taxing ,BUT the show must go on.  Last night played one selection to test what I had done , I got ,two WOW's and one very nice older guy ,said ,Sonny ,you have the sprit  , I liked the spirit part but the Sonny hit home !! I hadnt been called that since I left Memphis.

Good luck to all that start their display tomorrow ,and many warm thoughts of the season to those of you in the frozen zone.

David

5 hours ago, Speedster said:

I came home at noon so I could work online from home this afternoon and keep an eye on things.  Like you, I have to rush to the windows to check on the props every time a big gust of wind comes through.  No casualties so far (knock on wood) but I'm sure I'll have to pull several individual strands of icicle lights off the roof and out of the gutter like I always have to do after strong winds.

They are now calling for sustained winds of 25 mph and gust to 40 mph until tomorrow morning. I think that stupid storm parked over my house and is just sitting above me mocking me.

2 hours ago, MichRX7 said:

Here is a live look-in at @Speedster and I every time we hear a wind gust go whipping past our setups.

y4mjzszFt-E_8kibh2TV61PhdMNcN8DBrBN6jypP

LOL!  Yep, I bet a lot of us had that same concerned/worried look on our faces every time we looked out the window.  Luckily everything survived, and all I had to do this morning was straighten the stars on a few spiral trees and pull 7 of the longer strands from one string of icicle lights off the rooftop. 

• The topic was locked