Light-O-Rama Forums

Default Dirtectory

Wayne K

Every year I create a new folder with the current show sequences I want to use for the year. When I do the post.ex* to select the new folder I want lor to look at, It pulls in all of the older sequences and puts the current and last years sequences into the same folder. It also looks like it created a folder called sequences old and put all of last years sequences into that folder. How do I point to new folder without getting all of last years sequences also?

Thanks Wayne

5 minutes ago, Wayne K said:

Every year I create a new folder with the current show sequences I want to use for the year. When I do the post.ex* to select the new folder I want lor to look at, It pulls in all of the older sequences and puts the current and last years sequences into the same folder. It also looks like it created a folder called sequences old and put all of last years sequences into that folder. How do I point to new folder without getting all of last years sequences also?

Thanks Wayne

I create Season (2019 Dec) folders within Sequences.  Se remembers the path if you use the Recent tab, but you can always click the folder, then the sequence after it opens.  It works just like Explorer does.

When saving the first time (season): If you right click in there, you see a menu. New :Folder: <name it> if it was not there. Select the new folder: name your sequence

For general, non-specific season stuff, I leave that in the Sequences folder. I also suggest you do something like this for Audio files that go with sequences

Make keeping things simple. Audio for 2019 DEC xyz is in the Audio/2019 Dec  folder

Lorpost will move your entire LOR data folder to the new location you choose when you run it.  I don't have S4 running but if I remember correctly there is a checkbox to prevent that.

As TheDucks says, just better off navigating to your new folder in Sequence Editor. Once the recent file list flushes out you will be able to open them there.

Thanks Guys

I left lor poste create a new master folder and then went into the sequence folder it created and deleted everything in there and then moved all of my 2019 sequences into that folder. I also done the same with my audio folder. This worked pretty well as I do my sequencing on anther computer.

Wayne

• The topic was locked