Light-O-Rama Forums

Create Playback Files Missing

sticks4legs

Hello All, 

Has anyone run into the issue below before?  Create playback files is not an option in my S5 File menu

Capture.PNG

Edited by sticks4legs

One more time.

With 5.3 playback files are created automatically by making a show of your loredit files. The play.lms, lcs and lid files are created in the lorinternal folder on the first pass through the show

The first pass may take a VERY long time. Go put some lights up and come back later.

They SHOULD play normally the second pass. If they do you are one of the fortunate ones.

• Thanks 1

Phil, what do you mean one of the fortunate ones? I'm running into a HUGE issue with this version. When the system automatically creates the play.lms files it's actually expanding the size of the file instead of shrinking it!!!!

Last year I had a 99MB LOREDIT file. I created the .play.lms file and it was 4.5MB. I just took that same sequence at 99MB added it to my show and it created the play.lms file at 154MB!!!!!

Are you aware of a way around this? Can I go back to 5.2?

Steve

This is the 3rd thread you have posted in. It's getting confusing.

I said fortunate because you did not mention playback delays. Apparently not fortunate after all.

See your other post where I answered your question. 

I have been fighting this battle since July

2 hours ago, steveV967 said:

Phil, what do you mean one of the fortunate ones? I'm running into a HUGE issue with this version. When the system automatically creates the play.lms files it's actually expanding the size of the file instead of shrinking it!!!!

5 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

This is the 3rd thread you have posted in. It's getting confusing.

Perfect example of why you shouldn't do this.

Please, folks .. if you are new DON'T put the same message in multiple threads. It will lead to confusion.

Thanks Phil for giving us a clue on the playback files. I guess I never realized sequencer did this automatically. This saved me from hours of frustration of trying to export the program to an older pc to run the lights.