Light-O-Rama Forums

Backups/copies of a sequence with S5 that has everything

TexasLights

I periodically would like to back up everything for a sequence.  And because there are so many pieces I went to a style where I put each sequence in its own folder just to know what goes with what.   

Backing up the loredit file is easy enough but the referenced files that go with it is tougher.   

1) it doesn't copy this automatically when you do save a copy as

2) you have to manually go into file references and change them if you restore it someplace else (and without knowing it will still use the original location)

3) there are files in the original folder that are no longer used like orphaned AVI files so these don't need to be in the copy 

Check user DEFAULT's posts. He has done a lot of work determining just what is needed on a show machine, for proper playback. In theory the loredit file should be it, but there are lot of other files that get strewn about by SS and possibly motion effects.

The playback files created  in the lorinternal folder should  be recreated from the loredit file if deleted. 

It would be nice to have a complete picture of what and where everything is.

7 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

Check user DEFAULT's posts. He has done a lot of work determining just what is needed on a show machine, for proper playback. In theory the loredit file should be it, but there are lot of other files that get strewn about by SS and possibly motion effects.

The playback files created  in the lorinternal folder should  be recreated from the loredit file if deleted. 

It would be nice to have a complete picture of what and where everything is.

Sure glad I gave up on S5, all this is so much easier to track in the previous version before S5.  At least in S4 I know where everything is and where it all needs to go!

• The topic was locked