Light-O-Rama Forums

BAD CAT 5 PORT

kingfish

While checking  my boxes I’d numbers since l have not used them for a couple years. I have a problem with one box . Looking into box from left to right you have phone cat 1 cat 2. If I plug into cat two I can set controller number no problem. Cat 1 I get error cannot find check connection. So I tried to use by going from an another controller then using a phone cable to the problem controller same error message. Now my current plan is to use this guy as my last controller for now . But I would like to know can I fix this or how much will it cost through lor or can I have someone local fix this and what type of repair shop . I live in Pittsburgh pa

I would put in a trouble ticket with the LOR help desk first. Did you try and reset it (using the instructions on page 9 of the manual). I had  a different problem with one of my boxes and this fixed the issue. 

2 hours ago, kingfish said:

While checking  my boxes I’d numbers since l have not used them for a couple years. I have a problem with one box . Looking into box from left to right you have phone cat 1 cat 2. If I plug into cat two I can set controller number no problem. Cat 1 I get error cannot find check connection. So I tried to use by going from an another controller then using a phone cable to the problem controller same error message. Now my current plan is to use this guy as my last controller for now . But I would like to know can I fix this or how much will it cost through lor or can I have someone local fix this and what type of repair shop . I live in Pittsburgh pa

Sounds like the middle cat 5 port is not working, maybe like i did the cat 5 cable pulled the connector from the board, your solution to use it as last controller will work, then after the season you could send it to LOR for repair or take it apart and solder the connector back to the board if your comfortable soldering boards.

If you have a hot air gun suitable for reworking, you could try reflowing the solder pads on  the backside of the jack.

I rescued two DC cards that way.