Light-O-Rama Forums

ELOR channel limit

ajfelice

I should know the answer to this because I think I read it somewhere before but I am feeling my age :)

I have a pixie 16 CCR2 tree, 4- CCR1 circles,  and  4 RGB arches which is 2 CCR-2 and I am adding another pixie 8 CCR2 prop

Can I run this all over 1 USB45-HS or is there a limit  as to how many pixels per network?

Thanks in advance 

I didn't bother doing the math since I can only guess at number of pixels on some of those.  On a 1000K speed network the general rule is 2400 pixels or 7200 channels.  Since the original CCRs can't run at 1000K speed, you would be limited to 500K speed so roughly half those numbers unless you split the devices onto two networks with the devices that can run 1000K on one and the 500K limited devices on a second network.

http://www1.lightorama.com/network-speeds/

Edited by k6ccc
Added the link to the speed page

54 minutes ago, ajfelice said:

I should know the answer to this because I think I read it somewhere before but I am feeling my age :)

I have a pixie 16 CCR2 tree, 4- CCR1 circles,  and  4 RGB arches which is 2 CCR-2 and I am adding another pixie 8 CCR2 prop

Can I run this all over 1 USB45-HS or is there a limit  as to how many pixels per network?

Thanks in advance 

Youll get lag or no lights on something with one network.

You should create an auxA and get another RS485HS (red) adapter. Better safe than sorry but you need to split ti for best results.

Id put the pixie16 ccr tree on its own and everything else on the other. All need 500K LOR Enhanced.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

• The topic was locked