Light-O-Rama Forums

Help with S5

commwagg24

I am running S5 and am running into an issue.

I can hook up all 3 of my controllers and in the Hardware utility can see them turn lights on and off dim fade and everything.

When I go to test a sequence none of the lights come on as programmed.

I don't know what I have done wrong.  I assigend every channel in the Design portion and they look correct.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

Is control lights checked in the right hand sidebar.

Is control panel running in the sys tray..

Did you close the HU.

Try rebooting your machine, It's been know to cure a multitude of sins.

Closed the HU and restarted.

Control panel is there but red and not running.

I don't see the control lights check box on the right hand side bar.  Is there anywhere else to click that?

Any Chance you know what's causing this in my logs?  My schedule won't play now.

4:33:33 PM: Show Player initialized
4:33:34 PM: Starting show: C:\Users\bethwagg\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\LOR_HubShow.lss
4:33:34 PM: Checking S5 sequence: C:\Users\bethwagg\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\11-Grinch.loredit
4:33:34 PM: Loading compressed sequence: C:\Users\bethwagg\Documents\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Playback\L\11-Grinch.0000.16.play.lms.lcs
4:33:38 PM: Show Player starting
4:33:38 PM: Schedule loaded
4:33:38 PM: Initializing LOR networks
4:33:38 PM: LOR networks initialized
4:33:43 PM: Show Player initialized
4:33:44 PM: Starting show: C:\Users\bethwagg\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\LOR_HubShow.lss
4:33:44 PM: Checking S5 sequence: C:\Users\bethwagg\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\11-Grinch.loredit
4:33:44 PM: Loading compressed sequence: C:\Users\bethwagg\Documents\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Playback\L\11-Grinch.0000.16.play.lms.lcs
4:33:48 PM: Show Player starting
4:33:48 PM: Schedule loaded
4:33:49 PM: Initializing LOR networks
4:33:49 PM: LOR networks initialized
4:33:53 PM: Show Player initialized
4:33:54 PM: Starting show: C:\Users\bethwagg\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\LOR_HubShow.lss
4:33:54 PM: Checking S5 sequence: C:\Users\bethwagg\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\11-Grinch.loredit
4:33:54 PM: Loading compressed sequence: C:\Users\bethwagg\Documents\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Playback\L\11-Grinch.0000.16.play.lms.lcs
4:33:59 PM: Show Player starting
4:33:59 PM: Schedule loaded
4:33:59 PM: Initializing LOR networks
4:33:59 PM: LOR networks initialized
4:34:02 PM: Immediate shutdown requested
4:34:02 PM: Show Player shutting down

2 hours ago, commwagg24 said:

Any Chance you know what's causing this in my logs?  My schedule won't play now.

4:33:33 PM: Show Player initialized
4:33:34 PM: Starting show: C:\Users\bethwagg\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\LOR_HubShow.lss
4:33:34 PM: Checking S5 sequence: C:\Users\bethwagg\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\11-Grinch.loredit
4:33:34 PM: Loading compressed sequence: C:\Users\bethwagg\Documents\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Playback\L\11-Grinch.0000.16.play.lms.lcs
4:33:38 PM: Show Player starting
4:33:38 PM: Schedule loaded
4:33:38 PM: Initializing LOR networks
4:33:38 PM: LOR networks initialized
4:33:43 PM: Show Player initialized
4:33:44 PM: Starting show: C:\Users\bethwagg\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\LOR_HubShow.lss
4:33:44 PM: Checking S5 sequence: C:\Users\bethwagg\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\11-Grinch.loredit
4:33:44 PM: Loading compressed sequence: C:\Users\bethwagg\Documents\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Playback\L\11-Grinch.0000.16.play.lms.lcs
4:33:48 PM: Show Player starting
4:33:48 PM: Schedule loaded
4:33:49 PM: Initializing LOR networks
4:33:49 PM: LOR networks initialized
4:33:53 PM: Show Player initialized
4:33:54 PM: Starting show: C:\Users\bethwagg\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\LOR_HubShow.lss
4:33:54 PM: Checking S5 sequence: C:\Users\bethwagg\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\11-Grinch.loredit
4:33:54 PM: Loading compressed sequence: C:\Users\bethwagg\Documents\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Playback\L\11-Grinch.0000.16.play.lms.lcs
4:33:59 PM: Show Player starting
4:33:59 PM: Schedule loaded
4:33:59 PM: Initializing LOR networks
4:33:59 PM: LOR networks initialized
4:34:02 PM: Immediate shutdown requested
4:34:02 PM: Show Player shutting down

Did you create new play files this year? If you are trying to use your old play files it will not work. You will need to play a show on demand so S5 can create the play files. It will take a while to do so also.

I went in to Hub and created a new simple show.  The one thing I noticed is that when opening control panel it said Lormonitor fail.  Really hoping I don't need to reinstall everything.  The sequences have all been edited this year in S5 so they are saved as new files.

you might try bypassing the hub and just build a show and start it using show on demand. Open the control panel window when you do this and see what messages you get. They may lead you on to something. That is what I am doing at 5.3.6 and all is well

That worked once, but it wouldn't play music.  Now even show builder won't play.  Can't build in simple show builder because my sequences dont show up.  This upgrade has been frustrating.  Did you run into a bunch of issues?

i haven't had any major issues with 5.3.6 so far. There appears to be issues with 5.3.10 for a number of people. If the show got built using the "show on demand" from the control panel but the music did not play , I'd open the sequence in the sequence editor and check that all file references are good. Sorry I can't be of more help. I completely avoid simple show builder, hub etc. Just use the show editor here and control panel and have no issues

I appreciate your help.  I checked all the sequences and I can run them and control lights with music in the sequencer, just not when its in a show.  I just can't figure it out.  It's also weird that the none of my sequences show up in simple show builder, first time I have ever seen that.  I have a help desk ticket submitted they are just slow this weekend with the holiday.

2 hours ago, commwagg24 said:

It's also weird that the none of my sequences show up in simple show builder, first time I have ever seen that.

Here's a quick video to explain why you are not seeing show files in the Simple Show Builder and what you can do about it.
It has been made harder than it needs to be with very little documentation for ver 5.3.0 and above.

Hope this helps.

Alan...

Edited by default

I am having the same issue as commwagg24. I am running 5.3.8. None of my sequences are .lms, they are the loredit extension. I tried the trick above, by creating a show in the Hub, then use it as a Show on Demand. When I do that, I get the same error as before, the "lormonitor has stopped working."

Just out of curiosity, have any of the people with LORMonitor issues looked at the LORMonitor-trace.txt file. Does it give any clues right before it crashes?

It's located here C:\Users\pc name\Documents\LORMonitor-trace.txt

Alan...

vipzach,

just a guess, but what happens if you change the name of the file and remove the "-" from it? This character is generally not acceptable in a file name structure. Check any and all other file names for characters that are not letters or numbers in your show.

Alan...

lormonthumb.jpg

LOR support wants me to remove and reinstall LOR. Dangit, I knew I should have left the WiFi enabled on that laptop. Will have to wait until I get home tonight.

22 hours ago, default said:

remove the "-" from it? This character is generally not acceptable in a file name structure.

Alan, hyphen and underscore are completely valid characters in a Windows environment.  All of my sequences have hyphens since I include the revision date in every file - for example:  All i want for Christmas 2018-11-21a.loredit

The uninstall/reinstall did not fix the issue. Still had the exact same problem. I decided to upgrade from 5.3.8 to 5.3.10. scheduler works now, but now my DMX controllers aren't working. I have to be missing a setting, just haven't found it yet.

Edit: Found the issue. I fat fingered the IP address in the Network settings. Now the only issue is my Pixel trees. Only one of them is playing after he software update. I guess the update has some good and some bad. 

Edited by vipzach