Light-O-Rama Forums

MP3 Director Programming Question

joe3502

Please let me know if this is not the correct heading to be under and I will move it, but years previously, I have run my shows on my laptop. I purchased an MP3 director this year so that I can avoid having computer problems, crashes, etc. I am worried about one thing at the moment, though. I have a interactive section of my show where I have 5 buttons that when you press them, it will light up sections of the yard for a few seconds. It is programmed that when one of the buttons is pressed, it will interrupt the current show and play that small sequence and if nothing is pressed for 10 seconds, it will go back to the main show. The kids love to play with it because they get to control the lights for a second. Anyways, as I am getting ready to program the MP3 director with the hardware utility, I am not really seeing an option for this. Is there something that I am missing or is this just simply something that is not possible to do with the MP3 director? I have added my .lss file for my show last year so that you can see how I have things set up and how I'd like to set things up this year on the director if possible. 

2018 Show.lss

you didn't specify which director you purchased...  I think you'll be ok. from the LOR manual on the G3-MP3 director:

Triggered Show While interactive is active, any show not associated with a trigger will run as scheduled, these shows may be interrupted by shows 1-6 being triggered. Triggered shows do not follow scheduled times. They run when triggered. A triggered show does follow the rules for run once or run continuously. If you set a triggered show to run continuously, then you will not be able to stop it without resetting the G3-MP3 once it has been triggered.

http://www1.lightorama.com/Documents/G3-MP3_Man_Web.pdf

However - for your 10 second light up - I really have no idea or experience with it....

Good luck.

Edited by Mega Arch

58 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

you didn't specify which director you purchased...  I think you'll be ok. from the LOR manual on the G3-MP3 director:

Triggered Show While interactive is active, any show not associated with a trigger will run as scheduled, these shows may be interrupted by shows 1-6 being triggered. Triggered shows do not follow scheduled times. They run when triggered. A triggered show does follow the rules for run once or run continuously. If you set a triggered show to run continuously, then you will not be able to stop it without resetting the G3-MP3 once it has been triggered.

http://www1.lightorama.com/Documents/G3-MP3_Man_Web.pdf

However - for your 10 second light up - I really have no idea or experience with it....

Good luck.

Well I want my show to run on a schedule like a normal show but have interactive groups that will interrupt my main show. The G3-MP3 director setup in the HU only gives me three options when setting up the show and only lets me choose 1. I could choose interactive, but then that would mean in order for my show to start id have to press a button, which I don't want. 

16 minutes ago, joe3502 said:

Well I want my show to run on a schedule like a normal show but have interactive groups that will interrupt my main show. The G3-MP3 director setup in the HU only gives me three options when setting up the show and only lets me choose 1. I could choose interactive, but then that would mean in order for my show to start id have to press a button, which I don't want. 

Again - I don't use triggers. But the documentation says you should be able to do it.

"While interactive is active, any show not associated with a trigger will run as scheduled, these shows may be interrupted by shows 1-6 being triggered."

• The topic was locked