Light-O-Rama Forums

file saving error

rcktpwrd

not sure what happened to my software but I am currently unable to save a sequence and keep getting an error saying file not found!

4EFhdSK.gif

I am trying to edit and save an existing sequence and get this error. I also tried creating a new sequence and get the same error.

I tried to do a repair install of the software, I also removed and reinstalled the software to no avail... I have restarted the computer several times as well.

Running Win 10 Pro version 1909 build 18363.476

My first guess is that directory does not exist or your user account does not have write permission to that directory.  Are you logged into the computer with the rcktp user ID, or are you using a different account?  Try going into Windows Explorer and confirm that the C:\Users\rcktp\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences directory exists, and that you can save a file there - for example, bring up the right mouse menu and select create new text document.  Confirm that it lets you create the file.  This will confirm if this is a Windows issue or a LOR issue.

I am the only user/account on this computer. I had copied and pasted sequences into this folder, which is the default LOR sequence folder. My wife created most of them on her computer. I did a test like you mentioned and that worked fine.

Very strange...

Just out of curiosity. what happens if you try a Save As to various locations.

Could the files be read only. Right click on a file and check it's properties.

I figured it out. The folder is on my D drive not the C drive... I navigated to there and then it saved with no issues.

Thanks for the help  :)

• The topic was locked