Light-O-Rama Forums

MANAGE ALPHAPIX in LOR HARDWARE WIZARD????

HADESWRAITH

Is there a way to test a Alphapix Evolution with the LOR Hardware wizard?  I can only find my (5) CTB and Pixie16 controllers....  Can you not test DMX?

2 minutes ago, HADESWRAITH said:

Is there a way to test a Alphapix Evolution with the LOR Hardware wizard?  I can only find my (5) CTB and Pixie16 controllers....  Can you not test DMX?

You can test E1.31 in the Hardware Utility under the Pixel Console. However, you can only test one Universe at a time.

5 minutes ago, HADESWRAITH said:

How do you set the "Unit ID" of a Alphapix controller in LOR??

Unit ID's are LOR controllers only, the Alphapix is a E1.31 controller and uses a IP address.

OK, aso help me understand then.  How does the S5 Sequencer know which of the 2 DMX Alphapix controllers I want it to recognize?  i don't remember putting in the IP address when i set them up as a prop..... and I can't find ANYTHING ANYWHERE that says "add controller" in S5....  They are added, I have sequenced loaded.   i can play the sequence in S5 and see my matrix play in the "viewer" window...  Looks great.  but I can't get a single pixel to flash during the sequence (yes, i have the lights turned on).... my other LOR controllers outside are working fine......  I can ping the alphapix, I can locate it via IP address.... I have set up all the settings for the Matrix....  Just not getting any pixels to cooperate....

In the S5 Preview, for E1.31 props, you are assigning the Universe and channels only.  You assign the IP address for the controller in Network Preferences.  Here's a couple screen captures. 

This first one is my pixel tree.  This is using a pair of SanDevices E682 controllers (which are E1.31 controllers).  In my case, I am NOT using one Universe per output from the controller, but rather somewhat compressed formatting.

S5_Prop_Def-4.png

The second screen capture is the DMX page in Network Preferences for that same pixel tree.  You will notice that Universes 11 - 20 are going to 192.168.131.91, and that Universes 21 - 28 are going to 192.168.131.92.  Note that there are three more universes going to the second controller (the star on top of the tree), but they are not shown here.  The ports in the second column should be 5568 as shown unless Holiday Coro is using a non-standard port for E1.31 (very unlikely), and the Comm Listener Port at the bottom MUST be 8837.

S5_Network_Prefs-5.png

Did this help?

• Like 1

• This topic was locked, unlocked and locked