Light-O-Rama Forums

Get Visualizer to stay on top?

Donl1150

I am using S4 suite.  How can I get the Visualizer to stay on top once I hit the Play button  in the Sequence Editor?  It is annoying that I have to sit Play then click on he Visualizer icon down in the bottom panel.  Then it opens up and plays but you miss a second or two of the sequence.  There must be a setting somewhere but I can't find it

That's just the nature of the beast in Windows, the current window in use will always be on top. You can shrink the windows and do a split screen or you can use dual monitors.

In the Visualizer under the File menu choose Options. On the tab labeled "6 Com/Ref" choose to "Force Simulation Window to Front". Use the Simulation window buttons to start and stop your sequence. If it is behind the SE window, use ALT-TAB by holding down ALT and pressing tab repeatedly until the visualizer is the top window for you to see.

Also, if you have a smart tv, roku, chromecast or other display you can use it as a second monitor if your TV and computer are on the same network and you are running Windows 10. Put the Visualizer on the TV, click play and sit back and watch it in big screen.

Edited by MichRX7

Just a note, I usually minimize the SE program when using the visualizer to watch a sequence anyhow because sometimes it gets a small pause as the SE software moves down the song and "flips" to the next section. When I minimize SE and use the visualizer to start/stop the playback this doesn't happen.

ok great.  found the force simulation to front.  now that does what I want.....but the start/stop buttons on the simulator dont work.  just the ones in SE.  not a big deal but just wondering.

Ok, in SE under the Play menu is the Control Visualizer checked? If not that may be the reason your start/stop button in Visualizer aren't working. I also have the Control Panel running because I have DMX, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

5 hours ago, MichRX7 said:

In the Visualizer under the File menu choose Options. On the tab labeled "6 Com/Ref" choose to "Force Simulation Window to Front". Use the Simulation window buttons to start and stop your sequence. If it is behind the SE window, use ALT-TAB by holding down ALT and pressing tab repeatedly until the visualizer is the top window for you to see.

Also, if you have a smart tv, roku, chromecast or other display you can use it as a second monitor if your TV and computer are on the same network and you are running Windows 10. Put the Visualizer on the TV, click play and sit back and watch it in big screen.

Good info. I never knew that, but then again I always use two or three monitors

5 hours ago, MichRX7 said:

Sadly, a feature now gone from S5

5 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Sadly, a feature now gone from S5

Like I always say to my wife when her work computer is acting wonky...

Not my fault... 🤣