Light-O-Rama Forums

long pause between songs when using S5 the hub

notredameforlife

I finally got my lights to work but when I use the hub to play my songs there is a long gap between songs, at least a minute or two. I have the compressed sequence option checked. Is there anyway to fix this? Its awful having to wait that long between songs. My other question I know simple show builder is being replaced by the hub but i was going to try to try this to play my songs but I cant find my new songs when I look there. I am  using my computer to control my songs. Where do I have to move my songs so I can use simple show builder and see if this fixes the problem. 

I am using the newest update 5.3.10 pro.    I am seriously thinking of downgrading to previous updates if this would fix the problem. 

1 hour ago, notredameforlife said:

I finally got my lights to work but when I use the hub to play my songs there is a long gap between songs, at least a minute or two. I have the compressed sequence option checked. Is there anyway to fix this? Its awful having to wait that long between songs. My other question I know simple show builder is being replaced by the hub but i was going to try to try this to play my songs but I cant find my new songs when I look there. I am  using my computer to control my songs. Where do I have to move my songs so I can use simple show builder and see if this fixes the problem. 

I am using the newest update 5.3.10 pro.    I am seriously thinking of downgrading to previous updates if this would fix the problem. 

Run your sequence play files through the verifier and see if you are getting any errors or warnings. Report back if so please.

I could be wrong but from what I read I don't believe the verifier has been fully updated to support the S5 loredit format yet.

As a test to see if things are ok, you might try just defining a show using the show editor. Then use the show on demand command in the control panel to run it. Watch the window in the control panel to see if it creates your compressed files. The first time it may take ages depending on your setup. After that they should run quickly. 

That is how I run my entire setup everynight and it works fine with no delays.

Hope this helps

Since 5.3.x I cannot play a show without long delays between songs. 

Some people apparently have no trouble.

My solution, and no other has been offered, is to downgrade to 5.2.4 and manually create the play files. These are playing fine for me, although I can't guarantee they will for you.

@PhilMassey Im thinking i may have to also roll back to 5.2.4 to be able to add subsequences (neighbours house) - as all my sequences are now in loredit format will they open in the rollback or how do you convert them back to be able to open in 5.2.4?

Hoping you can help as i have 4 days to resolve and convert

Edited by ukoberon

Sorry this took so long, I thought I posted it last night, but must have missed clicked.

All my loredit files modified in 5.3.10 open amd play in 5.2.4.after creating the playback files manually.

I did have some gif animation in a couple of sequencers which failed to open. I remove the gif effect (didn't like it that well anyway) and they worked.

Can't guarantee yours will work, but probably will.

It is also interesting to note that the 5.2.4 playback files play without delay in 5.3.10.

Show started tonight, playing flawlessly.

If you do go back, uninstall, delete the LOR folder in Program files(x86) and install 5.2.4.

How are things in the old country.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

Sorry this took so long, I thought I posted it last night, but must have missed clicked.

All my loredit files modified in 5.3.10 open amd play in 5.2.4.after creating the playback files manually.

I did have some gif animation in a couple of sequencers which failed to open. I remove the gif effect (didn't like it that well anyway) and they worked.

Can't guarantee yours will work, but probably will.

It is also interesting to note that the 5.2.4 playback files play without delay in 5.3.10.

Show started tonight, playing flawlessly.

If you do go back, uninstall, delete the LOR folder in Program files(x86) and install 5.2.4.

How are things in the old country.

Hi Phil thanks for replying - when you say you created the play back files manually - was that in 5.2.4 How did you open the the loredit files created in 5.3.10 with 5.2.4  did they just open ? sorry for the questions and thank you for taking the time to reply .

3 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

ps....

"How are things in the old country."     Its a mess!!!!!!! Brexit, Election, Floods  - hey but welcome to England :-0)

My 5.3.10 files opened fine in 5.2.4, except for 2 sequences that had motion gif motion effects. I removed the gifs and they opened fine. There may be other gotcha's, can't say for sure, but it works for me.

To be safe, once you open the file in 5.2.4, don't overwrite the loredit, just create the playback files, and always have a backup strategy.

Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best.

• Thanks 1

I clicked the setting to compress all files before my show begins and it seems like that was the problem. Thanks all