Light-O-Rama Forums
metallus2000

RGB light string stays on...

I have CCB's whereas some lights do not turn off after a sequence is played. they are connected to a Pixie 16 board, with 5v 70 amp power supply.

Are they bad light strings? Is there an issue with the Pixie 16? Seems it only one or two of the same strings.

Each sequence does not have anything active at the end of playing.

I think I've learned that any time something like this happens, the first thing I do is switch the string to a different channel and see if the same thing happens on the new channel, or if it happens to the string  you switched it with. That will tell you if it's the light string (does the same thing on another channel) or the controller or sequence (working string does the same thing on the channel were the "bad" string was).

I try the easy thing first. I learned the above issue was the easy thing the hard way when one of my first of two RGB ribbons was bad. Also, I once spent a full day replacing a garbage disposal that wouldn't turn on. And I can tell you there was  a LOT of cussing when IT didn't turn on. After buying and installing  the disposal, I found out it was the $1.29 wall switch. ANOTHER trip HD and 15 minutes later it fired right up. I wasn't about to put the old one back in to find out for certain. 

21 minutes ago, tlogan said:

I think I've learned that any time something like this happens, the first thing I do is switch the string to a different channel and see if the same thing happens on the new channel, or if it happens to the string  you switched it with. That will tell you if it's the light string (does the same thing on another channel) or the controller or sequence (working string does the same thing on the channel were the "bad" string was).

I try the easy thing first. I learned the above issue was the easy thing the hard way when one of my first of two RGB ribbons was bad. Also, I once spent a full day replacing a garbage disposal that wouldn't turn on. And I can tell you there was  a LOT of cussing when IT didn't turn on. After buying and installing  the disposal, I found out it was the $1.29 wall switch. ANOTHER trip HD and 15 minutes later it fired right up. I wasn't about to put the old one back in to find out for certain. 

Thanks. I'll try that tonight. Hopefully not a blown channel.