Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums
hemilovers

Problem with Old CR150D

Recommended Posts

I have 4 Cosmic Color Ribbon (CR150D) and for some reason only 1/4 of the circle works on all 4 Circles. The first time I used it, everything worked fine. But now, only part of all four work. Maybe I am imputing something wrong. I didn't use them for the last 2 years. Can someone give me some advice on these.

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before going over the sequencing steps,   have you performed any tests to verify the strips are working end to end?     

Are you using a new sequence on them?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Before going over the sequencing steps,   have you performed any tests to verify the strips are working end to end?     

Are you using a new sequence on them?   

Yes, all 4 are working end to end. My channel configuration is-  Units 1-8 in Regular Network, Units 0A to 0D in Aux A Network. I tried the Hardware Utility and only the first 8 units were found. These 1st 8 units are the CMB24D that controls the dumb RGB's. The CR150D were not found. These are the last 4 units in my setup. Then I disconnected the CAT5 from the 1st unit and connected that CAT5 to the first CCR and ran the hardware utility again. This time it found all 4 CR150D. Then I connected the CAT5 back on Unit 1 to see if everything would be found. But only the first 8 units were found again. Do I need to update the Firmware? If so, how do I do that? Please help. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you plan to use multiple networks,  that means you have an adapter (like RS485) for each network.       

The hardware utility can only identify controllers for one network at a time.    If you have all of them (01-0d) daisy chained together, the hardware utility should find them all.   But it sounds like you want to split out the CCRs to their own network.   To test that in the hardware utility,  select the COM port associated with the RS485 you will be using for them.

I like the way you are doing your numbers with each controller having a unique number but still on two networks.    I feel that if you do in the future want to move controllers between networks, you dont have to renumber the controllers.   You could if you want resuse controller numbers but I dont think you should since so many are available.      Tips    always check Device Manager to see your connected com ports.    MARK your RS485 with the assigned com port.  (If you changed computers it will cause a new number to be assigned)     Finally be sure to add comments to your network settings to remind you what you have on a network. 

 

As to the question of why you dont see them all in HWU,.     That seems to me to be a problem with the cable or jack after the last found device. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I connected all of them (01-OC) daisy chained together because I have 1 RS485. If I had 2, I would split them on two networks. Tried it with renaming the channels to Regular Network from 01-0c. But they still don't work. Would I have to update the firmware? Also, I named one of the CCR's to 09. Should I have named it 0A?

Edited by hemilovers
Added a sentence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firmware upgrades will not fix this problem.     Sorry you are frustrated.     

So you will only have ONE network and need to fix your config to be all on Regular network.      The CMB24D gets just one controller number.    

Since you have a single network, you are using the HWU correctly by daisy chaining them all together.  You should see all of the controllers.   Make sure the max controllers in the upper right is over your highest.  

Did you open up Device manager as I suggested earlier?    You need to confirm you are selecting the correct com port.    

If HWU does not find all of the controllers  you need to eliminate sources of error one by one.   You could have a bad cable or bad jack.  Rearrange the controllers to put different ones in the first position.  Take careful note of which are found and see if they are the first ones in the chain.   Maybe you could try each one, one at a time.  If its, found switch to the other jack and make sure it is found on both jacks.      Then test your cables by moving each one to the first position until you find which cable or jack is breaking the chain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...