Light-O-Rama Forums

Megatree configuration in S5

metallus2000

So I have C-9 smart bulbs and using a Pixie 16 controller. My issues is that in the hardware configuration I am able to see all the bulbs light up under test.

When I create the sequence, the playback looks good in the software, but not the actual sequence as I play it.

I tried various props, but can't seem to find one that works. Any ideas on what prop to use for a standard megatree, using CCB's?

Edited by metallus2000
correction

• 1 month later...

I am looking for the same prop, except I am using traditional lights and an AC controller right now. I was able to make my traditional mini trees, but they are less precise. I have tried to take the pixel tree and see if I could break it apart, to no avail. 

It would be nice if LOR would either give us more pre-configured props, or maybe we need to start a sharing space to help everyone out. I can't be the only one who is looking for these things - right? And by this post I see at least one other party is looking.

55 minutes ago, jphauck said:

I am looking for the same prop, except I am using traditional lights and an AC controller right now. I was able to make my traditional mini trees, but they are less precise. I have tried to take the pixel tree and see if I could break it apart, to no avail.

I'm curious what your problem was.  Took me less than a minute to create a 16 string mega tree that had four traditional colors (R, G, B, W) per string in S5.2.4.

On 11/19/2019 at 8:09 PM, metallus2000 said:

So I have C-9 smart bulbs and using a Pixie 16 controller. My issues is that in the hardware configuration I am able to see all the bulbs light up under test.

When I create the sequence, the playback looks good in the software, but not the actual sequence as I play it.

If that's the case, almost certainly the way that the channel assignments are made in software do not match the actual configuration of the hardware.

I am assuming 16 strings of some number of bulbs.  Things to look at:

1) Are the Unit IDs correct?

2) Is the number of bulbs per string correct?

3) Is the start at the correct end (top vs bottom)?

4) Is the location of string 1 correct (back, front, left, right)?

5) Is the direction of rotation correct?

14 hours ago, jphauck said:

It would be nice if LOR would either give us more pre-configured props, or maybe we need to start a sharing space to help everyone out. I can't be the only one who is looking for these things - right? And by this post I see at least one other party is looking.

There is a "Prop Sharing" section however I believe it was closed long ago. I agree that this section should be reopened. I have plenty of created props I could share.

However with that being said as my friend Jim states it is not that difficult to create the MT's in the vis and I assume it is fairly the same in S5. As far as I know you could create it in vis and export it to S5.

I also think that S5 is based on your display and a great visualizer can result in a great preview. If you have knowledge of the S4 visualizer you could always download S4 and create your entire layout with it and import it in to S5. (since I do not use S5 I am basing that comment on what others have posted and or told me)

JR

Edited by dibblejr

On 1/11/2020 at 8:04 PM, k6ccc said:

I'm curious what your problem was.  Took me less than a minute to create a 16 string mega tree that had four traditional colors (R, G, B, W) per string in S5.2.4.

I guess I was expecting some type of preconfigured prop as so many are there. I can easily draw 16 lines of lights, and create the illusion like a pixel tree of being rounded. I was just hoping one was already defined to save me some effort. That is all. I am trying to one, be very aware of what the tools in S5 can do, and two not reinvent the wheel, "much"!

11 hours ago, dibblejr said:

There is a "Prop Sharing" section however I believe it was closed long ago. I agree that this section should be reopened. I have plenty of created props I could share.

However with that being said as my friend Jim states it is not that difficult to create the MT's in the vis and I assume it is fairly the same in S5. As far as I know you could create it in vis and export it to S5.

I also think that S5 is based on your display and a great visualizer can result in a great preview. If you have knowledge of the S4 visualizer you could always download S4 and create your entire layout with it and import it in to S5. (since I do not use S5 I am basing that comment on what others have posted and or told me)

JR

Hey DibbleJR I think many of those props are actually part of what you can access online and import into a new S5 visualizer. Funny, the one that was not there was a 16 channel traditional megatree, given these have been around for ages. Just an observation, not a criticism at all,

1 minute ago, jphauck said:

Hey DibbleJR I think many of those props are actually part of what you can access online and import into a new S5 visualizer. Funny, the one that was not there was a 16 channel traditional megatree, given these have been around for ages. Just an observation, not a criticism at all,

Yes, I knew that. However we cannot add any more. That's the point. With the development of S4 - S5 and all of the RGB props floating around it would be nice to be able to add to them. As well as the many PM's and emails asking me for some of my props. 

JR

There are pre-defined shapes for a mega tree, when in Preview Design click on Add Item and highlight "Create a new PROP using on of the built-in shapes, or define a custom shape" and click on Continue, in the Shape box, click the down arrow to discover a bunch of pre-defined props in your case you can choose "Tree 360 wedges and voila you have your mega tree prop.

5 minutes ago, jphauck said:

I guess I was expecting some type of preconfigured prop as so many are there. I can easily draw 16 lines of lights, and create the illusion like a pixel tree of being rounded. I was just hoping one was already defined to save me some effort. That is all. I am trying to one, be very aware of what the tools in S5 can do, and two not reinvent the wheel, "much"!

There is one already there.  Does this help?

64_Channel_Mega-tree_prop_definition.png

so Lanopie and K6ccc the challenge I had when I used that specific prop is that on all 16 strings it showed all colors. I was more looking at 16 string of single color. Maybe it is just something I am missing. But I want to use 16 strings of lights, 4R, 4G, 4B, 4W and then alternate them. I could do 16 strands of 4 colors, which maybe more of the conventional process to use these days. In fact now that I am thinking about it maybe that was the missing link I did not get.

• The topic was locked