Light-O-Rama Forums

Creating play files

ebrown1972

Soon I will be creating play files for my show. My question is, do I need to have everything physically connected to do so? Will I need my controllers connected and the control panel enabled? Or can I just build the show and play it through show on demand and S5 will then create the play files? For those that know, please let me know. Thanks.

What what I remember from conversation, just create a show and play it and it will create the playback files. I stayed on version 5.2.4 for that reason. Although it is cool to not have to manually create the playback files, the way the newer version renamed the files would possibly mess with MIIP if you use that software. 

I think this kind of is in the category of trying to make something idiot proof (or at least resistant) and results in messing things up for everyone else.

I am going to have to see what I end up doing because I do run MIIP.

EBrown1972

As far as I know you don't have to have your hardware up and running to build the play files.I don't at level 5.3.6 that I'm running.  Also I believe at your level 5.3.10, they added a new capability called the Sequence Compressor. Go to the LOR help and look under Software in the index and scroll down to Sequence Compressor. That may be what you want to use.

Steve

Edited by stevehoyt

Sequence compressor has always been there. Right click on Control Panel. Manually does what the show player does automatically so you don't get THAT delay while the file is compressed, first time through.

Used to be a menu option in S4 as well if I recall.

thanks for correcting me. I never knew it was there until I saw a reference for it somewhere. I haven't tried it yet nor did I know that looped sequences could not be compressed until I read about it. I have been meaning to submit a request to have an option added to it to compress all loredit files in a sub directory but haven't gotten around to it yet. If Matt sees this please note my request. 

I think this kind of is in the category of trying to make something idiot proof (or at least resistant) and results in messing things up for everyone else.

I am going to have to see what I end up doing because I do run MIIP.

Jim,

I don't use Miip, but from what i understand, the issue is the change of the naming format because the extra numbers (.xxxx.xxx) that are now added to the playback files. In the thread below I used a Bulk Rename Utility and was able to change the files names to the old style naming format. As I said I don't use Mipp, but would this solve the file naming issue with Mipp?

Just a thought.

Alan...