Light-O-Rama Forums

2008 Halloween

melwelch

Thanks for the nice comments.... It took me about 3 months to figure out how to make the fire projectors.....

I use to shoot fireworks displays and do special effects for movies and rock bands.... I was excited about bringing fire to my out door display.... :D

I would ask for a how too but I would probably burn my house down. Being a firefighter, that would probably be bad thing!:shock:

Excellent job.

No DMX just LOR....

Because of the dangers of working with fire I am trying to figure out how to get the info out in a safe manor.... I want to explore the idea of going to the mini's and do a class on safety and on building them....

The Flame projectors are easier to build than are leaping arches.... lol If anyone who is an organizer of your local mini and you would like to have me to come out and do a class let me know....

I do plan on sharing the info with the LOR community.... Just want to do it correctly. I am open to ideas on how.

I tried purchasing them from China.... Problem was after shipping each one would cost $200. As to about $50 for me to build each one. Also no DMX means saving the money on the iDMX controller from LOR...

Well I'm not going to go build flame projectors... I am just very interested in the creative ways people use LOR.