Light-O-Rama Forums

Weber Tree - can't spin it

Donl1150

I have an 8 channel Weber tree and a great Weber tree viz file.  My problem is I am having trouble getting it to have that "spinning effect" out in the yard..  The tree has 4 channels of green and 4 channels of red incans.  Each string circles the tree twice.  Does anyone have a sequence they would share that gives that spinning effect?  Thanks in advance.

4 channels is WAY too few to get a decent looking spin.  I seem to have heard that 16 is a good minimum.  Mine (when I get around to building it) is planned to be 24 strings.

It's actually 8 channels.....4 red, 4 green.    Yep, I agree under normal circumstances there would/should be more.  Last year I had 16 but the tree was 10 feet tall.  We have moved and downsized homes and now my 'tree' is simply the 3  supports on a palm tree like shown in the picture.  The three supports meet at about the 4 foot height so that is the top of my Weber tree.  I think I may have discovered why it won't spin however.....will have to check and try again tonight.  I didn't pay any attention to the sequence in which I connected the channels.  I simply did channels 1,3,5,7 for red and 2,4,6,8 for green.  (The colors do alternate as they come down the tree).  I think if I connect them properly 1-8 clockwise around the base, my sequencing should make it spin.

Screenshot_2019-11-19 support for palm tree at DuckDuckGo.png