Light-O-Rama Forums

Peace Pixel Stakes HC & Controller LOR

Crimson Lane Lights Etown

I have empty space in the yard (shocker) and liked the Peace Pixel Stake idea at 5 nodes high but I wanted to power it with a LOR CCC-II.  So I acquired 20, premade 12v, 5 node Peace Stake Light strings from HC.  Also TWO HC female pigtail with nuts and the Peace Light coro (very clever BTW) to mount the nodes.  From LOR I acquired TWO short 12v CCC-II extensions and cut it in half because I needed the male pigtails with nuts to marry the two piggies together so I could connect the LOR port out to the HC in.  I added all 100 nodes and their corresponding length of wires to port one.  NO color loss as I had no issues using the HU.  Very pleased with the color output and looking forward to placing more of these in the yard using the smaller LOR CCC-II controllers.  Anybody else use these? 

• 2 weeks later...

I am using 30 Peace Light stakes (6 nodes each stake) with stakes from Wizard of Wire and nodes from Ray Wu.  I'm not placing them randomly in my yard (because I have no empty spaces), but my stakes are all in a (curved) line, 20 inches apart, in front and on the left side of my house.  I'm using the Curtain Effect a lot for sweeps, plus I use other effects also.  I'd like to group the first pixel node in each stake, then the second pixel node in each stake, etc. so I can get some of the bouncing and sweeping effects David Peace does.  I can see how this is done in XLights but I cannot seem to do it in LOR.   Maybe this is a custom prop, but I haven't yet figured it out.

Very Interesting.  I will upgrade to S5 after this year.  In S4, I usually sequence at .05 in the timing, (starting with beat wizard as the default).  In the .05 timing I tried sequencing the stakes at 5 node groups, then offsetting the next 10 groups by .05.  That gets the wave effect across the stakes.  Sort of the chasing effect but with 5 node grouping.  Regarding the jumping, I watched the Peace Family videos and with alot of pausing.  I noticed a pattern of 2-3-2 on the stake vertically. It starts as 2 nodes on at the bottom, then the next .05 is 3, then the last .05 is 2 top nodes: then back down.  Basically played with it to get the desired effect.

How do you stake those stakes to the ground?  3/8" rebar?  Giant Landscape Nail?

Happy Thanksgiving, BTW!

I stake some with rebar, some with plastic C9 bulb holder stakes, and some with just ten penny nails stuck in the ground.  I ordered 1/4" driveway snow stakes that I will cut in half.  I like the orange stake idea so I don't trip on them.  They look really great at night.  I think this is going to be cool effect. The jumping effect is really special when added to the song "We Wish You A Merry Xmas Techno." 

Pixel stakes 20191203.jpg

Made all 50 of mine using a boscoyo strip zip tied to a 3/4" piece of emt.

Mine a five pixels each at 2" spacing. EMT is 12" long. EMT slide over plastic stakes in yard.

• Like 1

I found any interesting head scratcher while using the "reverse" string one setup in the LOR HU.  When you "reverse", it not only puts s1 pixel one farthest away from the controller but it flips the 1-5 pixel order to 5-1.  So if you are going to flip S1 then you have to install your bullets accordingly.  The HC pixel stake coro has a defined top and bottom.  Lesson learned.

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2019 at 1:45 PM, Vince4xmas said:

Made all 50 of mine using a boscoyo strip zip tied to a 3/4" piece of emt.

Mine a five pixels each at 2" spacing. EMT is 12" long. EMT slide over plastic stakes in yard.

Is this done is s4 or s5.  Did you use SS? I am adding pixels this year and have that song programmed for my non pixels in my 2019 display.  I am adding 3000 pixels for this year. If you will can you share how you did some of the effects?  The opening is awesome.  I also like the pics you added on the tree. 

• 6 months later...

I too am adding peace stakes using S4 this year.  (S5 hopefully next year, just having a tough time climbing that learning curve.) Looking at adding different tracks with the peace stakes order different on each track, all #1's grouped, all #2s grouped, a group for 1-5 etc. Anyone try this? Brute force will get the bouncing affect, would try on maybe 1 sequence, but adding this prop to a dozen sequences, looking for means other than brute force.

In my preview, one thing that looks pretty cool (using 5 pixel stakes, # 1 is at bottom) is to illuminate 1-4 in say solid red and have # 5 flicker, Kind of looks like candles, considering using that at start up and quiet sections of songs

jw, I like the candle idea using the peace stakes.  I will work on adding that into a sequence.  Just curious, the #5 flicker bullet, is that a yellow or white and does that shimmer or twinkle?  I will have a complete set of stakes in this year's show (40 total stakes, 20 on each string of the pixie II).  That takes up or covers the whole front yard area. BTW I am still using S4 this season. 

Ross

Hey Ross

I'm trying to use using Superstar for the candles as I am also sweeping across the peace stakes as soon as a song starts. I uses a couple of colors for the flame so it looks like flickering. Still playing with shimmer and sparkle but like just changing-the color of the cells

i am playing with SE and using a couple of colors copied and pasted the duration and offset a cell or two for other flames so they all look a bit different

Sure would like to find an easy way to sweep across and add "wave" or jumpy effect easily. working on that

• 1 month later...

I just acquired 12v Pixie II port extensions for "LOR to HC" connections.  They are like four inches long and work perfectly (I made my own last year to use but these are nicer).  I am using them to connect the smaller LOR Pixie port pigtails (string 1 & string 2) to the larger HC bullet string connectors.  I am adding more Peace Lights to the side yard this season.  P.S. I am sticking with 4.6 this year, too.

• 2 months later...

I had time to upgrade to S5 and everything is working great.  Adding Peace Pixel Stakes with 5 bullet nodes to a preview was tricky.  I have 60.  I added 60 props with each their own channel assignments as RGB, one motion effect row. I created separate previews and copied them. I exported props, then imported props.  When creating a sequence, it added one motion effect row per pixel stake.  (I also use channel level) per stake for other effects like the candle effect mentioned above.  I created a nice bounce effect across the stakes by using the "wave" motion effect on the first (top) motion effect row, then 'Chased' the motion effect down across the others.  That worked.